WHICH DOWNPIPE???

khalid6197

Hey guys, I recently bought an accessport and a cobb sf intake. For my next purches I'm looking to go stage 2 with a downpipe, but I'm not sure which one to get. My choices are nameless, cobb, and invidia. I'm looking for one that will increase the most hp and tq. Also I already have the nameless axle back for my exhaust. I would really appreciate it if you guys give me your opinion on which downpipe is the best porformance wise. Thanks :)

Grinder34

Track Monkey
The Cobb is not a full 3" so if you have a 3" cat-back i'd stay away from it.

Invidia is pretty popular, but I just looked up the nameless and it appears to have some nice features. I like divorced wastegate that merges post-cat.

Evo_Fucking_STi

If you put a downpipe and a axle back on your car you still have the biggest restriction left there. You need a new mid-pipe thats for sure. Stick with something that is 3" invidia, nameless. don't do turbo xs because you will need the rest of there exhaust to make it work.

khalid6197

Alright so it came down to invidia and nameless....and yes I'm gonna get the midpipe aswell. Nameless is great I could get nameless downpipe and midpipe so everything will be the same. The only thing I don't like about nameless is there price. There downpipe is $600 and there midpipe is $600. Guess I'm gonna have to work overtime :(

Grinder34

Track Monkey
If price is an issue, i'd look at the used market places on various forums. You dont see much Nameless on there, but plenty of invidia.

ZachTTLM

My opinion would be the Invidia, one good feature about it is you can get the catless ones with a second bung already in it to hook up wideband gauges and so on. These flow great and are great quality. But as mentioned above that midpipe needs changed but the invidia unit is designed to match up with stock and most aftermarket exhausts so you should not have any issues getting this to work on your set-up.

Evo_Fucking_STi

I would stick with the nameless so your entire turboback is the same and built by the same people. been at this for a few years and I always try and stick with the same brand exhaust from turbo back so everything fits correctly, you don't want to have flange differences in mating services or angles. Invidia makes a great product don't get me wrong, If you had a Invida axle back that is what I would suggest.

Stiyle11sedan

I have a brand new in the box invidia catless dp if you are interested.....With both brand new gaskets I will do $275 shipped!!
What year is your car?? This is for 08-12

Also just an FYI....the dp will bolt right up to the Nameless exhaust, that is the same setup I was going to go with just didn't want to pay 600 for their dp!!
Also if you decide agains it, I have a brand new 3" to stock catback adapter that I will throw in 25.00 shipped, they are 35.00 online.

Last edited:

khalid6197

I really like the idea of having a full nameless turboback but its to damn expensive...thanks guys ur suggestions really helped. Depending on my next check I will decide wether I will go with the nameless or invidia.=)

Stiyle11sedan

It is all good man, It won't be going anywhere for a while....I am still in Afghanistan until early Nov. But if you decide you want it my wife can always send it to you!!

khalid6197

Wow ur in afghanistan? I'm from there. I was born in the US but raised in kandahar honestly I hate that place and would never go back. The only reason why I went there was cuz of a kidnap when I was 4 years old...lol spent 7 years there.
Long story. Anyway thanks for the offer ill get back to u as soon as I receive my next check.