Damn Rodents! (aka "Was this wire important?")

Grinder34

Track Monkey
IMAG0146_zps11c8ad5b.jpg

Appears a rat chewed through the little wire with the clip in the center of the picture (not to mention the red cap in the upper left!)

What's it for?

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
I know I know!

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Its your "Tumble Generator Valve Position Sensor".

Grinder34

Track Monkey
Hmm, so shouldnt i get a code for that? That wire is totally disconnected from the TGVs.

I dont see it being a problem until you need ac. Then again you do have an exposed 12v wire there and if for some ungodly reason someone turns on the ac there could be problems, as slim a chance there is, but you know how god loves Subaru. I would remove the clip and tape it up and away from anything grounded.

Grinder34

Track Monkey
I just went out to look at the wires again.

The EFFER CAME BACK! So i'll stop and get tons of traps and some mothballs to shove in there, as well as cleaning it out with some soapy water.

Anyways, I couldnt see where the other end of the wire connects to the ac compressor? Is it another plug so I can just by a new section, or am I going to need to do some soldering?

Batmobile_Engage

Squirrel Meat Aficionado.
Staff member
Put some Tabasco sauce in a spray bottle and wet the wires that rodents have been messing
with. The smell alone tends to discourage them.

Batmobile_Engage

Squirrel Meat Aficionado.
Staff member
The absolute best way to catch a mouse in a trap is to dip a cotton ball in a jar of peanut butter.
Then tie the cotton ball to the trap plate with fishing line or dental floss. When the critter pulls on
the cotton ball, the trap goes off. If you put a small cube of cheese on the trap plate and he'll run off
with the cheese without springing the trap.
Maybe put the trap under the car or something.

Grinder34

Track Monkey
yep, i got one "snap trap" and i've heard that you put peanutbutter on the UNDERSIDE of the trigger, not the top.

I also got a box of glue traps. I think i'll put one right up where he's been nesting under the hood. I must remember to move it before driving!