Subaru-STI-Cabriolet-7.jpg

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
I can't even look at it. BLAH!!!!!

Batmobile_Engage

Squirrel Meat Aficionado.
Staff member
Maaaan, that is ugly. It sure is nice to cruise around in a convertible with the
top down though.

RallySoob

I'll take it...

That would be a blast to drive I'm sorry. It is ugly but I didnt buy my subarus because of looks anyway. It isnt the best looking car but it does drive the best for the coin imo

I remember seeing that probably over a year ago now on one of the other forums. Still just as much of an eye-sore as I recalled too. Think there was an article the went with it too. Some shop destroyed that poor STi, then sold it for either double or triple the price of a limited trim. Might have been a dealership actually, on one of the coasts, IIRC. Googling convertible STi would probably answer that pretty quickly too.

Quick Google search colors me correct. 30 seconds later: dealership in Manchester, NH and they priced it at $75k, though from emails posted on another forum, they had wanted to price it at $90k. Someone in that same thread found it 6 months later, still waiting to sell, for $60k. They reportedly commissioned 5 of them. Poor STis. Oh, and that's over 2 year old news, lol, happened right after I had bought my WRX, the previous car of mine.
http://m.autoblog.com/2011/02/27/2011-subaru-impreza-wrx-sti-convertible-worst-idea-ever/
http://i1143.photobucket.com/albums/n640/hiprsha666/cin.jpg

Batmobile_Engage

Staff member
They must be insane. Even if I was LOADED, I wouldn't pay anywhere near that much.

RallySoob

yeah that is way too much coin for a chopped roof job...I was thinking 45-48 grand max

Batmobile_Engage

Staff member
Well, there goes all the structural rigidity.

(^^^ you guys brought this thread back from the dead )

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
This thread will never die, lol.

Ask us how to become a Lifetime Platinum Member today!