Google glass

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Thoughts, theories, comments, suggestions? I just submitted my application and am ready to fork over the $1500 for testing! :lol:

Spamby

Meat Product Toy
Thoughts, theories, comments, suggestions? I just submitted my application and am ready to fork over the $1500 for testing! :lol:

Thoughts: Cool but doesn't make me really want it. Guess it's like having your smart phone on your face? And you thought texting and driving was bad?

Theory: This will intertwine with your biological matter and you will be some come kind of cyborg by days end. Skynet is growing stronger... must find Sarah Conner.

Comment: I am not a tech driven person so these new things like this don't really tickle my fancy. However, I hope they come in xray version, that I could get excited about.

Suggesstion: LSD will take you to fantasy land much cheaper and the trip is usually much better. Buy a sheet of acid and use the rest for bail.

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
LSD :rofl:

Td_d

Commander In Chief
I'm with you alinro - I'd give my left nut to play around with one of these. Not sure if I'd be willing to fork out $1500 quite yet though...

f350cummins

They are F'in AWESOME

Try ingress on one of these,
I absolutely love them.

Ohh the perks of working as a sub-contractor for google

Batmobile_Engage

Squirrel Meat Aficionado.
Staff member
If I were you, I'd be careful with buying any stock due to the release of this product. Sure, it's cool, but it's posing
all sorts of security and privacy risks. Some businesses like restaurants and bars already ban them. Wanna get rich
quick? Let's figure out how to engineer a pager sized device that will jam Google Glass and/or mounted base station
jammers you could mount on the wall inside your business/property.

From what I understand (correct me if I'm wrong), Google Glass will have applications that have facial recognition algorithms
and could potentially direct you to their web pages, facebook or myspace accounts, etc. I don't like the idea of someone
walking through a crowd and receiving data on all the people they've just seen. This could get dangerous.

http://www.zdnet.com/google-glass-expect-widespread-usage-bans-over-privacy-concerns-7000012400/
....one example.

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
If I were you, I'd be careful with buying any stock due to the release of this product. Sure, it's cool, but it's posing
all sorts of security and privacy risks. Some businesses like restaurants and bars already ban them. Wanna get rich
quick? Let's figure out how to engineer a pager sized device that will jam Google Glass and/or mounted base station
jammers you could mount on the wall inside your business/property.

From what I understand (correct me if I'm wrong), Google Glass will have applications that have facial recognition algorithms
and could potentially direct you to their web pages, facebook or myspace accounts, etc. I don't like the idea of someone
walking through a crowd and receiving data on all the people they've just seen. This could get dangerous.

http://www.zdnet.com/google-glass-expect-widespread-usage-bans-over-privacy-concerns-7000012400/
....one example.

Nice find! Great news to take in and digest. Kind of sets me off now..

Batmobile_Engage

Squirrel Meat Aficionado.
Staff member
Me too. Someone could use this to gather information on children and teenagers for example, to find out who
their parents are, etc. etc.

It just seems dangerous to me. People of predatory nature always seem to use things like this for evil.