South African Countryside Shots

Td_d

Commander In Chief
I was asked if I could post a couple of STI + ZA countryside shots - unfortunately, I hardly have shots of my STI - but I have plenty of countryside shots I've taken over the years. Here's a couple, I'll post as I go along.

These were taken in an area in Northern Kwazulu Natal, called lake Sibayi, close to the border with Mozamique. Dark time for me, I was going through a divorce, but the beauty of this place is, to use a clich?, balm for the soul. Awesome diving as well. All taken with a 1968 Mamiya medium format, and neg scanned.

000001.jpg

000012.jpg

000007.jpg

000006.jpg

Paul.c

Those are some great shots. I have a friend that uses large format and his images look amazing as well. Dslr can't touch large/medium format pics IMHO. Looking forward to some more pics.

Td_d

Commander In Chief
Yeah, I loved taking shots with the medium format, amazing quality because of the frame size. Haven't taken in years though, film photography is unfortunately a major mission...

These were taken in an area in the Eastern Cape called Kokstad, where I run some of our corporate social investment projects. We went through for a video/photo shoot at dawn, beautiful area... All shots with a Canon EOS30D.

IMG_3246.jpg

IMG_3265.jpg

IMG_3278.jpg

Td_d

Commander In Chief
This was years back - took a hot air balloon ride over the Magaliesburg, a mountain range not far out of Johannesburg (about a 50 minute drive). These were taken with a Canon EOS30 (35mm) and neg scanned.

IMAGE0191.jpg

IMAGE0183.jpg

IMAGE0176.jpg

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
:welcome: to the team and please check out our memberships. Beautiful pictures I love em'

Paul.c

Yeah, I loved taking shots with the medium format, amazing quality because of the frame size. Haven't taken in years though, film photography is unfortunately a major mission...

Yeah, even in a large metroplex (Dallas, TX) he has trouble getting his large format film processed. I don't even want to know how much it costs. He told me the cost of the camera and film and that stuff is ridiculous.