2 Step & Flat Foot Shifting

STIKC

So what are everyones opinion on 2 step and flat foot shifting on the stock clutch. Does it depend on your mods or just the clutch?

What RPM for 2 step (launch control)

What RPM for Flat Foot Shifting

Spamby

Meat Product Toy
Hard on your car with or without mods. Be ready for breakage.
My motto is learn how to drive the car rather than use electronic wizardry. Old stubborn fart I guess.

Me FFS set at 5200rpm I shift at 6600 and for launch control I have it set at 4100rpm and allow to build to 10 psi then launch but only use it when I really want to stomp a mudhole in someones ass.

Batmobile_Engage

Squirrel Meat Aficionado.
Staff member

Batmobile_Engage

Squirrel Meat Aficionado.
Staff member
Me FFS set at 5200rpm I shift at 6600 and for launch control I have it set at 4100rpm and allow to build to 10 psi then launch but only use it when I really want to stomp a mudhole in someones ass.

You say your FFS is set at 5,200rpm. Does this mean it doesn't activate until +5,200rpm, or when you let hit the clutch, the engine revs don't fall below 5,200?

Grinder34

Track Monkey
Cool, do you roll around daily with the FFS option set?

I have my FFS always on. If you dont wanna use it, dont use it.

It means if you shift at 5200 it above it will activate.

My understanding of the FFS feature is that basically the car will stay at 5200 rpm if the car is moving, the gas is floored, and the clutch is in. I dont think WHERE in the rev-range you shift has anything to do with it.

I have mine set at 5500rpm and when I shift at 6500rpm the rpms wont drop below 5500rpm. I think I can get through the gears faster with it on. Might just be in my head though.

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
I don't use FFS or 2step/LC. Am I a loser? :(

STIKC

Flat Foot Shifting:

Example Set At: 5500

This means if your throttle position is maxed you can shift at 5500 or higher without lifting your foot off the gas pedal. The AccessPort will activate a minor delay in the engine to allow this to work flawlessly. This option is usually used to assist in drag racing because this allows you to go through your gears with the turbo always spooled... even between shifts.

Launch Control:

Example Set At: 5000

This means if you are in neutral and rev your engine you can go all the way to redline. If you put the car in 1st gear and push the gas pedal all the way down your rev will be stopped at 5,000 rpms and "bounce" just like if you hit the red line. Then you release the clutch and launch the car. Basically what this option is for is to allow you to simply push the pedal to the floor instead of "feathering" the pedal to keep the rev at the desired rpm to launch. The side perk to this is that the launch control not only allows you to launch the car at the desired RPM every time It also allows you to build boost to help launch even harder. I've seen people shave time off there drag times in ridiculous amounts.

Tutorial:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RjNMJVdD9mU

STIKC

Yes mainly for drag racing. In a way you could use them for auto x. But not sure if shifting would be used a lot.