Changes betrween 2008 Hatchback and new 2011 4-door Sedan

hi together,

does someboby know if the Engine is the same or modified betwenn 2008 and new 2011?

I know only, that the suspension is modified.
The US and EU Types should be nearly the same (2011).

thx

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
The motors are the same, but the ring land issues have been fixed.

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Fuji you would! That's for sure.

Paul.c

The 2011 has a different down pipe as well. Stage 1 on a 2011 will give you much better gains than stage 1 from a 08-09.

Thanks a lot guys, i like this forum. :tup:

All changes are interesting to know.

During the guarantee time, i will not modify the Engine and i'm only interested to have about 20-30 HP more than stock.
We have a lot of restrictions in our country and i will have a good "all day car".

regards,
Tom

Thanks a lot guys, i like this forum. :tup:

All changes are interesting to know.

During the guarantee time, i will not modify the Engine and i'm only interested to have about 20-30 HP more than stock.
We have a lot of restrictions in our country and i will have a good "all day car".

regards,
Tom

What do you mean?
Is it recommended to add an additional oil cooler and other upgrades with "Stage 1" (+ ~ 20-30 HP)?
Sometimes i'm in germany and some highway are without a speed limit. And sometimes i drive in the mountains.
But the most of time i use the car for drive to workplace, vistit friends, shopping etc. ;).

Oil coolers with proper thermostats and larger intercoolers properly setup won't hurt anything. However, if it is set up wrong, you can create issues.

thx,

do you have a recommendation for another thermostat?
I think for "normal" use it's not good if the thermostat open too early.

At which temperatures the thermostat opens (stock)?

Rice Rocket

My Girlfriend just ordered a 2011 sedan. But we were reading in EVO and Top Gear that the EU edition sedans will not get the spoiler nor will they receive the option for WRB. I also understand the word "Impreza" will not appear on EU editions.