No power!

Spamby

Meat Product Toy
Big storms last night. 22 hours with no power. Lost part of my fence. All food in fridge lost.
100k in city without power. About 70k still.
Lots of old growth trees uprooted.
Oklahoma summer and no A/C. Damn the luck, lol.
Gonna camp out tonight on the hardwood floors.

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
What happened?

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Damn thats crazy.

Spamby

Meat Product Toy
45k still have no power, me included. Damn the luck. Needless to say, sleeping was nice and sticky.... yummy.

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
How much food did you lose?

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Everything, pretty much. Wife got the frozen meats out and took them to her parents but other than that, we lost it all. I can see a 400 grocery bill this weekend. :(

Ahh that sucks. :(

Td_d

Commander In Chief
You checked if your insurance doesn't cover it? Could be completely different in the States, but I know here (in South Africa) there's a clause tucked away in my homeowners policy that covers me in exactly such an event.

Grinder34

Track Monkey
If the stores even have anything left either. Even if they get a fresh shipment, i envision bedlam at the market.

Spamby

Meat Product Toy
You checked if your insurance doesn't cover it? Could be completely different in the States, but I know here (in South Africa) there's a clause tucked away in my homeowners policy that covers me in exactly such an event.

Not going to even go there. They'll jack the rates up with any claim and make the money back ten fold over the next few years. I'll swallow this bitter pill.

Spamby

Meat Product Toy
If the stores even have anything left either. Even if they get a fresh shipment, i envision bedlam at the market.

Good point. Hopefully we can get the basics for now.
Nothing but choke holds and take downs in the freezer section. Lol.

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Time for a generator. We're thinking off adding one here soon.