W/O Tune

STIfever32

Whats up guys i got a 2008 Sti and i just recently got a few mods for it. i just install downpipe and exhaust with AP.. but i also have headers and uppipe to install but wasnt sure if it was safe to install and drive it without a protune yet.. Let me know what you guys think. Planning on tune in a week or two..LMK thanks.

Spamby

Meat Product Toy
I would have it protuned.

Spamby

Meat Product Toy
im getting it protuned, i was just wondering if its ok to just drive it without one for a few days..

You might get away with it for a few days but I can't recommend doing so. Maybe your tuner can provide a safe map until you get the protune done. This should eliminate any guessing.

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Absolutely no WOT if you do drive around for a few days,

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
I think you'll be okay for a few days and as previously suggested no WOT and have it properly tuned ASAP. :tup: For the time being a stage 2 map should work fine. Headers and up-pipe aren't going to mess that much with your fueling and any differences can surely be compensated for with closed loop fueling trims. It is in open loop and WOT where you want to stay out of since there is no compensation in these regions of the map. I recommend the stage 2 map because maf scaling is on the rich side and that will add a measure of safety for you.

Reset the ECU to allow it to quickly learn any different conditions as a result of installing the header and up-pipe.