"no-name" brands that made it!!! And how?

If you know any, share!

It doesnt have to be car related but it is preferred.

For example, Rota! regamaster copies anyone? That is if you can remember that far back...

And where the hell did rotiform come from? They seemed to pop up out of no where but never had a name for themselves and charge and arm and a leg for a set of monoblock's?!?!?!?!

Grinder34

Track Monkey
The only thing I can really think of is Sonax. 2-3 years ago I'd never heard of them...now everyone raves about the wheel cleaner.

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
The only thing I can really think of is Sonax. 2-3 years ago I'd never heard of them...now everyone raves about the wheel cleaner.

I have 6 bottles at all times! :rofl:

Let me throw another one out there. TURBOXS, these guys were the rave when it came to ebay turbo kits first released on the market. They were origianlly called ssautochrome and rebranded. now everyone is all over their stuff when they are really just a "ebay brand" lol...

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
Some other Ebay brands that are coming of their own is Megan and CXRacing. Megan still makes some cheaper stuff but some of the high end parts that they sell for racing are hard to touch in terms of quality and longevity. Example... The lower control arms on my car are Megan and the three other brands I had on the car prior to disintegrated with in 6 months. The Megan's are still going strong with no sign of deterioration and I paid the same money. They still need to make something significant for Subaru.

CXRacing earns my respect for one reason. They fabricate their own shit. They are still young and the quality on some parts leaves allot to be desired, but they have a few really good parts and they have potential.

Synapse Engineering started in a garage and look at the stuff they sell today. The best waste gates and BOV's on the market today IMO.

Killer B. Another niche product that took off fast and furious.

Last edited:
I bought the cxracing intercooler that im using now beofore they took off for $100 and a complete oil cooler kit for $100 as well. I agree with you on the synapse product. I have their 40mm wastegate already that im running now and im about to purchase their BOV and ditch this piece of shit HKS SSQV1 bov that i have on there right now...

Batmobile_Engage

Squirrel Meat Aficionado.
Staff member
I LOVE my Synapse Engineering Synchronic BOV. I don't really consider them a "no-name" brand though.

Last edited: