Any ideas

Panchosti208

So on the 9.0:1 compression whats the postive and bad parts when running 91 or 93 octaine. I want to run 93 for awhile what should i upgrade or do.

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
Are you running e85 now and want to run gasoline? The con to using gasoline with higher compression pistons is more knock requiring less timing and or boost. 9:1 is not that big a jump so you may not see any knock at all. However I would never run 91 in any turbo charged motor if 93 was available. On 91 I suspect it would definitely knock. Really you need to log to monitor knock and see if it is safe to run.

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
i run 91 holy lol...

Yes but do you have 93 available to you? Plus we have tuned specifically to the fuel your are running and I can tell by the timing you are running. It is pretty low compared to others I have seen

So let me get this straight... 361 whp on 15psi boost, 4000+ elevation AND 91 on stock injectors?... WTF! :shock:. I'm pretty sure we can't rely on VD for accurate numbers because that is just not possible. I need to send the log to Matt at Spec Ops and see what numbers he comes up with because I'm scratching my head! :lol:

lol I think cali, az, nm, nv all have low octane fuel (91 instead of 93). So that is why i shit my pants as well when you gave me that power number. Its the same reason why cobb have those different ots maps for this region of the US. And yes it is shitty because im from michigan and we had plenty of access to 93/94 octane and now i have to pump this shit.

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
I'm so glad I'm in a region of the country where 93 and e85 are readily available. My car won't tolerate anything below 93. It becomes a whimpering bitch when I don't feed it high priced cuisine.

Lenny2005

Colorado only has 91, with a few places that sell 100 and 110 but that shit is outrageous. However, we do have enough E85 gas stations in Colorado Springs where I live to supply the world with E85 it seems. There are 3 gas stations within 1 1/2 miles of my house that sell E85, and around 20 all around town. And pretty well spread out thought CO.