Fuel pump and injectors queations

ezie

Hello guys i need some feed back on the DW 300 fuel pump and Bosch 1000cc injectors. Any of you guys have install them on a 2004 sti? Also do i need to install new aftermarket Fuel Pressure Regulator?

Are they any good? I have them from the previous owner brand new still in the box. Still got the warranty and bought from rallysport direct website.

My question regarding the dw300 do i need use the original sock/filter from the oem fuel pump just like the walbro fuel pump? Also i heard negetive comment regarding the supplied screw type clamp. Which is better to use the oem clamp or the supplied clamp?

Still waiting to install the fuel pump but if you guys don't recommend it, i'll have to sell the dw and buy the walbro. Problem with the walbro fuel pump nowadays is there alot of immitation here in my country an it's hard to spot which one are the real deal. The only way to be sure is to hear the fuel pump running but most of the seller here won't let you test the pump.

Thanks in advance.

Batmobile_Engage

Squirrel Meat Aficionado.
Staff member
I have a Walbro 255 installed, so I'm not sure about the DW. As for injectors, you might want to consider a
Top Feed conversion. Side feed injectors (which are stock on the 2004) can have rough idle issues at 850cc
and larger. I have 850cc DW injectors and I have the rough idle problem. In the future when I have a motor
built, I will convert to top feed. That might be something you want to consider before spending the money.

Grinder34

Track Monkey
I have the DW200 and its great. SO MUCH QUIETER than a walbro. Mine came with a new sock and everything, but it the bracket had to be bent a tiny bit to get it to work for me. While I'm not an expert, i'd pick the DW300 over the Walbro 255 any day.

Here's an install thread: http://igotasti.com/vBforum/showthread.php?4230-GD-Fuel-Pump-Install

I dont know about the injectors.

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
Hello guys i need some feed back on the DW 300 fuel pump and Bosch 1000cc injectors. Any of you guys have install them on a 2004 sti? Also do i need to install new aftermarket Fuel Pressure Regulator?

Are they any good? I have them from the previous owner brand new still in the box. Still got the warranty and bought from rallysport direct website.

My question regarding the dw300 do i need use the original sock/filter from the oem fuel pump just like the walbro fuel pump? Also i heard negetive comment regarding the supplied screw type clamp. Which is better to use the oem clamp or the supplied clamp?

Still waiting to install the fuel pump but if you guys don't recommend it, i'll have to sell the dw and buy the walbro. Problem with the walbro fuel pump nowadays is there alot of immitation here in my country an it's hard to spot which one are the real deal. The only way to be sure is to hear the fuel pump running but most of the seller here won't let you test the pump.

Thanks in advance.

What fuel are you planning to use... 93 or e85, and what turbo are you running?

ezie

I have a Walbro 255 installed, so I'm not sure about the DW. As for injectors, you might want to consider a
Top Feed conversion. Side feed injectors (which are stock on the 2004) can have rough idle issues at 850cc
and larger. I have 850cc DW injectors and I have the rough idle problem. In the future when I have a motor
built, I will convert to top feed. That might be something you want to consider before spending the money.

Hi i forgot to mention that my car is the AUDM spec so i got top feed injector (pink sti injectors). I got the 2.0L version ej207 for my 2004 sti. We only receive the 2.5L in late 2006-2007 as the hawk eye (ver 9).

Hope this helps.

ezie

Regarding about the fuel pressure regulator? Do i need to install aftermarket one or will the stock regulator is enough.

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
The stock FPR will work fine. :tup: 1000cc is a bit much for the stock turbo but it will set you up for a really nice turbo upgrade for future.

ezie

The stock FPR will work fine. :tup: 1000cc is a bit much for the stock turbo but it will set you up for a really nice turbo upgrade for future.

Yeah i know it's a bit overkill but it's a good investment if i will get to upgrade to a bigger turbo.