RC cars

Is anyone into rc's on here? Just curious if you race or bash, what cars you have, mods you have done. I'm mostly into my t-maxx platforms, with the occasional bashing of the slayer. I own three maxxes, the slayer, and just sold my 5b a bit ago. That thing got expensive real quick, I had to stop nodding around 2k into it Lol. One t-maxx is a 3.3 swapped, tuned to perfection, the street queen, really stiff suspension. The other two are 2.5r trucks, just bashers, one needs a chassis as it got in a fight with the 5b, the b won.

So, I'll try to get pics up tomorrow, but feel free to post up what ya have and where you go to race and play!

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
I dont know anything about them. Im definitely in for pictures and some knowledge on the topic in general though!

Awesome. Like I said, I will get pics up tomorrow of my trucks. If you are looking to start, go electric. Nitro can be a pain in the ads for beginners, but, the traxxas 3.3 motor is very reliable and easy to tune. If you go electric, the traxxas slash 2wd with a velineon brushless system is awesome. I know some racing purists will say it's garbage, which on the track it pretty much is, unless properly nodded. The reason I like it for beginners, it's tough as nails and very simple to work on and tune. Its actually what I learned on, its what my girl learned on. Now, with nitro, your best friend is an ir temp gun. Tune by temp and your good. I like nitro because it's fun to tinker, and the smell of burned nitro is AMAZING!!!

The only reason I like tuning with engaging temp, I've never blown a motor doing it. Now, you want to make sure that you have a bit of smoke coming out of the pipe, a visual that lets you know the engine is getting enough lubrication.

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Phew. A lot to take in! Onto pics please! :D

Here one of my 3.3's and two 2.5's, the one that was crushed and the other that needs a fuel tank. The slayer is over at a buddies house. It's the pride and joy. I also have a left over jato 3.3 chassis. Thinking about building another but with a bigger motor and some weights up front. The jato is pretty fast with a 3.3, but I'm kind of wondering if I can make a savage 5.9 big block work. Lol.
3apare4e.jpg

yse9ypa3.jpg

tegyvety.jpg

And this is the 3.3 powered maxx
upuzu5yg.jpg

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Holy cow. Thats some serious shit!!!

So how much does it cost to buy or build something like that?

Also how fast do they go and whats their range?

All questions you asked are good, but, they also have a huge range of answers, the 3.3 maxx is good for 35-40 as it sits. Price varies. You can get a used 2.5 maxx for 100-150 that will need yo be cleaned and gone through. A brand new 3.3 is in the 4-700 range depending on how much fuel, mods and tools you leave with. It does get expensive, but it's fun.

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Well boys say hello to Trixie. That girl has won lots of races!

attachment.php

I miss my b dude. I'll look through my photobucket and see if I still have the video of my b jumping over the cab of my tundra.

quality_sound

I've always been a 2WD electric buggy man. I won a LOOOTTTTTTT of races with my B3 and I've been wanting to get back into it and the new B5 looks sweet.

2wd is where it's at in sc10. I ran an lcg slash 4x4 and I could never take corners like the losi trucks. Switch to a slash 2wd on lcg and I stayed with them. Wierd.

I did get the 3.3 maxx fired for a sec last night. Hadn't ran it in forever, forgot there was after run oil and fouled 4 glow plugs. Crappy.

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Here's Big Dawg!

attachment.php

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Associated Monster GT.