How do you guys deal with this??

SeanZ

Im still new to having a subaru coming from having a civic but how do you guys stop people from scratching,keying,vandalizing your car???!!!!! its ridiculous i cant park without not havin a peace of mind!!! its already gotten scratched, and chipped from people hitting it with door on purpose!! is there anyway that would scare em off?? would an alrm help or what and what kind of alarm. dam all these guys jealous of our subies!!!

Spamby

Meat Product Toy
I feel your pain. Had a nice sport truck that went seven years without a scratch, buy the subie and hello door dings.

Nothing really to do other than not ever driving it.
You might try parking far enough out to get away from the lazy asshats that don't wanna walk but not so far it looks obvious. Also try to find the nicest cars to park next to.

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
I park literally in the very last spot. Ive never had an issue. Rock chips are my worst enemy :(

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
no idk i never knew it came with one

Well....
Which owner are you for the vehicle? You should also take it to the dealership and see wtf is up. They might fix it for free just like they can disable the seat belt light for free.

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
alright thanks man

No problem. Thats the best bet for now. If any other members have experience or suggestions we will look forward to hearing from them! :tup:

Batmobile_Engage

Squirrel Meat Aficionado.
Staff member
Do you have an electronic key fob for an alarm? It should have been with the keys when you got the car.

Grinder34

Track Monkey
i always park farther away than necessary. Im a city dweller, so an extra 45 seconds of walking is inconsequential, and unless its xmas at the mall, i usually park alone. STIs are nice, but not nice enough to merit envy "rich-douche" keyings. Rock chips, on the other hand....

Also, my handles and surrounds are scratched to hell from daily driving. The paint is just soft and any/everything seems to scratch them

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
It seems like even a gentle windy breeze can scratch the paint!

Ok that may be a little bit exaggerating! :lol:

Alter3go

Be one of the few after u park it pull out a car cover and put it on lol the paint on these vehicles suck but I normally park far away or make the wife run in the store haha

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Be one of the few after u park it pull out a car cover and put it on lol the paint on these vehicles suck but I normally park far away or make the wife run in the store haha

Omg you make your wife run in while you get to enjoy your car all alone at the end of the lot! :lol:

:tup: