Need expert advice!

Dhubb228

Okay guys I'm very interested in purchasing a wrx sti preferably from 03-07. I'm a hot rod diesel mechanics and in my business the body style isn't a tell tell sign of what engine/drivetrain is the most desirable. I'm new to this what year model should I shoot for?? In my business the 05.5 to 07 5.9 is the most desirable not only because of the durability but because of the EFI live tuning capabilities that are notavailable in any other cummins model. It's more or less the golden vehicle which is what I'm looking for in the STI I'm looking for Not only the best but the best for the best upgrades tuning capabilities and such any help would be appreciated thanks!

I don't believe USDM had 03 sti and most people consider the 04 the more raw of the years. The 04 has a smaller wheel bolt pattern if I recall compared to the 05. I believe the 06 and up has a different diff control in it compared to the 04-05 but tuning wise they all pretty much are the same category. It's the 08 and up that have the dual AVCS which yields more power because the 07 and below only have AVCS on the intake side. It's all about personal preferences in body styles that will make your decision between the 04-07 sti in my opinion but I'm not an expert.

Batmobile_Engage

Squirrel Meat Aficionado.
Staff member

Grinder34

Track Monkey
Mechanically the cars are all pretty similar. In 08 there was a slight suspension redesign that some people liked, some didnt. As doppelganger said, there was also the dual AVCS introduced that year. But it seems like every year, or at least body style, there were slight upgrades. The turbo was upgraded every few years...nothing major, just little fixes. But from an 2002 to a 2014, theres probably a fair bit of difference.Other things were moving windshield washer reservoirs around and stuff of that nature, or a slightly different differential.I tried to get a discussion like this going a few weeks ago:http://igotasti.com/vBforum/showthread.php?6817-Looks-aside-what-s-the-best-year-STII really do like the 07, but even then I cant say it's "better" than others. Some things are better, some are worse.