Why would they sell this car for so little if they actually invested so much?

rednamalas

a6arusu4.jpg

Bang876

Nearly all cars will lose their value if OEM parts are swapped with aftermarkets parts, especially if its performance related. It falls behind the belief that modded Subaru are built to increase performance and therefor driven harshly. Although that may not be the case for everyone the simple fact still remains that OEM parts are usually built for durability and have been tested extensively by the manufacturer for years before production of the vehicle actually began. Additionally people will generally want a stock Subaru for the simple reason of knowing that they will be the one to plunders its depth of potential and they alone will be the one to mod it to their own desire. Too many variables such as warranty, which shop if any performed the work, and parts. In other words people prefer to get a stock one over a heavily modified, even if it was invested heavily in parts. A crude analogy I tell someone looking to buy a heavily moded Subaru is this " would you rather be the first to plunder that hot innocent babe that you have known from the start or one that you met at a party who may be amazing in the looks department with all her enhancement and charms but possibly carrying and STD. :tard:

ZackUSAF82

Bang pretty much nailed it...though you can sometimes find the right suitor for a heavily modified car and recoup some of what you put into it. If I remember correctly there's a site out there just for selling modded cars and people have some success there. But to be honest, I wouldn't buy my car in the condition it is in now with the mods I've done to it...no way, no how. Kinda like Bang said, there's a lot of joy in doing your own thing to your car and everyone has their own taste and plans to match that. So thus is why you see the price you do for that car.

It is what it is but if I were you I'd try my best to find a "virgin" STi/WRX...they are out there, usually owned by 50+ year olds that wanted something fun to drive but had no interest in taking it further than stock. Likewise, when you start modding your car after you get it, either keep all the stock parts or just come to peace with the fact that you won't get a return on your investment and may have a hard time selling it when the time comes. For me, I'm going to keep the STi in the family and hopefully give it to one of my kids one day...or it'll end up in the bone yard. One of the two but I'll never sell or trade it...not gonna happen.

rednamalas

Oh I definitely want a virgin one so to speak... Just saw this and didn't understand. Thank you for clarifying

Spamby

Meat Product Toy
Lol. Yea that's it right there.

Only really bad thing about buying a used car is buying the used farts in the seat.

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Lol. Yea that's it right there.

Only really bad thing about buying a used car is buying the used farts in the seat.

I find those complimentory being the 5th owner of my car :)

(You bastard! :lol: )

802PWR

I bought my STI 5k less than book value from a dealer and had to replace the clutch as it was slipping. Came with a BOV and turbo back exhaust. Since then its been tuned and running great with 90k miles of stage two. I call mine a win and has been a great car.