looking to install these hid lights

I wanna know if these will work on my 2008 wrx sti hatch? Thanks!
Xentec Super Compact H11 30000K Pink Violet HID Xenon Kit Low Beam 35 Watts

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Do you have a link?

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
Those are crap and will not last. :tup: Look for VVME 55W. They are rugged and reliable and they are about $10-20 more. Worth the piece of mind. I have seen them with the 30K bulbs so I'm sure you can get what you want. Just be aware that anything above 8K is not DOT approved and illegal in most states.

The 2008 has HID's already (I think). Couldn't you just find 30k bulbs?

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
All sti's have xenons... He just wants a different color. I believe 30k was along the lines of pink?? Correct me if im wrong.

I changed bulbs a few times... I had slight pink ones... Slightly bluer ones. Still have the oem sitting around and the oem are best visually speaking by far. But ive kept the dark blue ones (10k?) for the past few years cause i absolutely love the way they look.

Also listen to holycrap, buy quality, not crap that is cheap. The cheap crap burns up rather fast and wont last longer than a year. Not to mention they wont be as bright!

Okay so can I find 8k pink bulbs for my day lights? Where do I look and what do I look for? My day lights are really dim and that's the reason I'm looking to change them.

Spamby

Meat Product Toy
Okay so can I find 8k pink bulbs for my day lights? Where do I look and what do I look for? My day lights are really dim and that's the reason I'm looking to change them.

DRL, daytime running lights?
If so, those are halogen and operate off of high beam bulbs. I don't think you'll be able to get a pink in this type of bulb.... I think.

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
DRL, daytime running lights?
If so, those are halogen and operate off of high beam bulbs. I don't think you'll be able to get a pink in this type of bulb.... I think.

Wait. Yea there are drl bulbs you can buy. Weve seen pics in the past with stis that had red drl bulbs. Look on ebay and search on google. Of you want 8000k bulbs i bought mine off ebay for $20 and theyve been working just fine for the past 2 years. Youre gonna have to do some more research on the drl but it can be swapped.

Spamby

Meat Product Toy
Wait. Yea there are drl bulbs you can buy. Weve seen pics in the past with stis that had red drl bulbs. Look on ebay and search on google. Of you want 8000k bulbs i bought mine off ebay for $20 and theyve been working just fine for the past 2 years. Youre gonna have to do some more research on the drl but it can be swapped.

Aren't they xenon bulbs though and not halogen? That housing requires the halogen bulb.
If so, wouldn't this fark up the bright light function at night?

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Aren't they xenon bulbs though and not halogen? That housing requires the halogen bulb.
If so, wouldn't this fark up the bright light function at night?

I dont know what type of bulb they are. They seemed to be just colored halogen. (The glass housing with red tint, not the light itself)

But i could be wrong.

Spamby

Meat Product Toy
I dont know what type of bulb they are. They seemed to be just colored halogen. (The glass housing with red tint, not the light itself)

But i could be wrong.

Well I found some 9005 and 9006 halogen bulbs on fast wrx. Blue, yellow or white. No pink.