What is the purpose of an EWG muffler?

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
This is the first time I have ever come across such a mod... no video to go alongside it, unfortunately.

3ckIGCZ.jpg

Ryykhgm.jpg

A1nUSvX.jpg

FAY6y2Q.jpg

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Even with the elongated piping and muffler, would it be THAT much more quiet? Yes, the picture is hilarious! :lol:

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
What the heck? :rofl:

Grinder34

Track Monkey
Technically it makes sense, but it makes no sense. If you wanna muffle it, muffle it right there and dump it. Or route it back into the regular exhaust stream. They did neither.

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
I was looking for a video but there wasnt one posted. Im curious how it sounds and how it affects the flow.

Spamby

Meat Product Toy
On our compressors is called a purge muffler. Muffles the sound when the relief valve pops. Really irrelevant to this and I dunno why I said it lol?

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
On our compressors is called a purge muffler. Muffles the sound when the relief valve pops. Really irrelevant to this and I dunno why I said it lol?

To expand my knowledge! :tup:

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
Technically it makes sense, but it makes no sense. If you wanna muffle it, muffle it right there and dump it. Or route it back into the regular exhaust stream. They did neither.

Exactly!

35r

Why muffle it in the first place ? Who doesn't love that sound ? I dump mine right out the side !

Batmobile_Engage

Squirrel Meat Aficionado.
Staff member
I was once driving my buddies SRT-4 with an EWG. I pulled out quickly to merge into traffic and the wastegate opened. Less than 3 seconds later, red and blue lights were coming up in my rear view mirror. Maybe that's why you'd muffle it.

35r

Iv never gotten pulled over for it and i dump it all the time. Noise is fine and perfectly legal during the day. its only when the ordinance comes into affect at night that it becomes illegal. Not to mention if you opened it you probably weren't exactly going the speed limit. Which just gives him more of a reason to pull you over.

Batmobile_Engage

Staff member
The cop was actually really cool about it and smoking hot by the way, but she didn't appreciate the noise. Got off with a warning.

Batmobile_Engage

Staff member
Ever watched LOST? If so, think Anna Lucia (Michelle Rodriguez) dressed as a cop. I shit you not.

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Ahhh man. Letty as an officer with her seductive attitude...

Maybe we should take this in the nsfw area....

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
That wind noise though! :tup: