Other forums

Grinder34

Track Monkey
I started this to mainly ask: "which forum was your first," but i guess i'll open it up to what other forums you're on now, and any you might recommend to others!

Grinder34

Track Monkey
I'll start, since it is my question.

I first joined a MINI Cooper forum in like 2002 when I found out my dad had put us on the waiting list for one. I joined a second MINI forum and autopia around then, too. I learned just enough about car detailing to know that I'll never be good at it and I treat my cars finish like a criminal.

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Great question.

Can't wait to see how we compare to others. :tup:

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
Of course it was IWSTI for me. I no longer visit there and not because of hate. I just don't have the time anymore. I thought about joining some of the nissan forums but barely anyone posts on them anymore.

Grinder34

Track Monkey
Holy, that was your first forum? I'm surprised you hadnt been on forums for longer, pre-STI days.

Spamby

Meat Product Toy
Various ls1 forums in the day.
Various off-road forums.
IWSTI but haven't posted there in a few years
6speed but haven't posted in a while on that one.
Igotajeep but never work on the jeep.
Detailingbliss but did for the giveaways.

Pretty much igotasti is the only forum I'm ever active on.

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
You love us huh? ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Clevelandracing.com

I was 16... It was 2008... I had my moms 1998 ve jetta wolfsburg edition.....

Lol.... Big lol.....!!!!

That site.... Fast cars.... But biggest cocksuckers that had to show each other who had the biggest balls... Entertaining.... Eapecially for a dumb 16 year old me.....

Iwsti was my first sti forum.... 2009... A year before i bought my sti... Learned a lot.. (Nowhere near as much here cause people fucked around too much)

This forum, a video game forum called nintendoage, and a dbz forum: dbzf.co.uk are the only ones i use at the moment.

(Dbz was such sn impact on my childhood that it stuck with me through the years and it looks like it will for the rest of my life! :D

Spamby

Meat Product Toy
6speed is kinda who has the biggest wallet but celebrates changing their own oil. Guys there not very involved in actually working on cars or caring to learn. But there are a few pioneers there
Forgot about renntech and rennlist. Very dead on those sites but there are a few holy types that can tell you the color of the coveralls of the guy that assembled the 1996 996 turbo engine on July 3rd 1996.

WesternSTi

The Music Man
I first started with forums when I had my 1st Prelude, with Preludezone.com, Preludepower.com, and then ImportAtlanta.com. When I got my STi, I think I joined Clubwrx.com, WRXTuners.net, then NASOIC, this one, and lastly IWSTI. My favorite is this one by a longshot.

Batmobile_Engage

Squirrel Meat Aficionado.
Staff member
IWSTI was my first STi forum. While I was there, I was urged to join NASIOC mostly for the marketplace but also for some technical data. There were a few members on each that were brilliant, but it was like pulling teeth to get any kind of advice, opinion, etc. without having to sift through all the assholia and dick measuring contests that seem to plague each of them. Sometime around 2009, I joined SOCAL Subies just because I was stationed in San Diego at the time. I don't have anything bad to say about that forum, but there wasn't that much good to report either. Maybe it's better now, but I haven't been there in 3-4 years, so idk.

This forum is the best. I do hope we continue to grow, because it never hurts to have more experience, opinions and so forth. At the same time, I think part of the problem with IWSTI and NAZIoc is the fact that they have soooooo many members, it's almost impossible to moderate all the discussions.

When we were still slow growing, I would still go over to IWSTI periodically if I needed some specific info, but I haven't been there since 2011-ish. People were such ball-gargling-ass-pirates on that last occasion that I gave up on their forum once and for all.

Since then, I've been all about IGOTASTI and I'm not looking back. It really is about the people and the atmosphere. Luckily, we have so many good people here that we haven't had too many issues. Also, we target stupidity and nip it in the bud. That's what has to happen to keep the peace and I think we do an outstanding job.

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
^ hilariously sums up the others!! :rofl:

Nasioc is good for selling pretty much anything!!!! :tup: (thats the ONLY!!!! Good thing about it.... Maybe buying really rare jdm parts as well.)

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
Holy, that was your first forum? I'm surprised you hadnt been on forums for longer, pre-STI days.

Yes sir that was it for me. I was never interested in online communities until I had my sti. I was looking for a new people with like minds to talk with and make new friends. I was reaching out during that time of my life and I felt I had something to contribute

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
IGOTAGTR.COM

Huh..........