Carbonfiber wrap/vinyl

SeanZ

Hey guys I have carbonfiber wrap vinyl on my hood,roof and trunk and I really want to take it off to go back to the stock original sti look. I bought it with the wrap and do i just take it off with a heat gun also will it damage my paint? Its a crystal grey metallic 2005 sti

Batmobile_Engage

Squirrel Meat Aficionado.
Staff member
I removed a small piece from my car last year. I managed to pull it all off in one big piece. I just parked it in the sun on a hot day
to warm up the adhesive. I can hardly imagine that you'd have the same CF wrap as I do, so idk what you should expect. Only one
way to find out. :lol:

P.S. If it's a windy day, do this in the garage if possible or you'll have tree pollen, dust and other shit getting blown into the adhesive
and it'll be an even bigger mess to clean up. Make sure you wash/wax the paint after you clean everything off, because I imagine the
chemicals you'll need to remove the adhesive will strip all the wax off and maybe take a little clear coat with it. Whatever you decide to
use, try it on an inconspicuous part of the car first. Goo Gone works okay.

Spamby

Meat Product Toy
I had mine on for about a year. Came off without residue. 3m 1080 was the wrap.
Just washed and polished afterwards as there was some fine scratches all over.

I just bought a roll 2'x5'. I'd be careful removing, the edges could of been applied with 3M primer, which makes it permanent. Ask the previous owner if the wrap was installed without primer. If it wasn't then it will come right off.

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
I had mine on for about a year. Came off without residue. 3m 1080 was the wrap.
Just washed and polished afterwards as there was some fine scratches all over.

Good to know! I have the exact same material on my roof! :tup: