08 sti New to forum

subbie08

Well lets see my name is Cedric, im ex Air Force(4 yrs 2 deployments and 1 blown back:lol:). Im living in the south for school which is nothing like out west when it comes to people, fun and car events haha. My 08 sti is my first turbo car and so far i've loving it.Planing on ditching the stock turbo very soon.I enjoy circuit events but i have taken the car down to the track.3 passes and the best time the car ran was 12.6.

Motor- Tomei UEL headers and up-pipe, turbo xs fmic and cai, invida downpipe, greddy tic exhaust.greddy catch can, hks bov

Tune-Cobb AP Ver2 Tuned by Top Speed

Ext- Black Top carbon lip, Carbon Creation CF hood with pins(Not instal when pics where taken)

Int- Boost and AF Wideband Gauges, Turbo Timer

Wheels- Rays 57F

DSC02856.jpg

untitled.jpg

trackday.jpg

Youtube linkhttp ://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Db8fOx-u0oU

Last edited:

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
:welcome: to the team. Looks awesome! Be sure to check out the premium memberships for giveaways and more! Thanks for joining the team!

subbie08

Herro. What turbos are you considering going to?

Ive been looking at the ams 30 or 35. I rather just drop in the turbo then go rotated but I dont know which drop in turbo will get me to 400whp.Been reading around,the guys at the shop say go ams but im not so sure yet.

subbie08

Personally, I would go with a 30r sized turbo if you dont want to get into headwork. You can get 400whp out of that pretty easily and continue to build more and more power with some bolt ons later. I always look to buy parts that stay. I might even have built heads before I get my turbo. Just remember that any part you have to replace is money lost. If you're hell bent on a 35r, I have one sitting around that I most likely will be parting with.
that good info to know,i know im getting forged pistons once i upgrade the turbo.