Squeaking clutch gone out of control

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Long story gonna be made short. Clutch squeaks like a fucking live roasting pig. Really pissing me off at this point. My mechanic says its the clutch master cylinder since there is no noise coming from the slave cylinder. Anyone have any info on this? Its stupid loud inside and outside of car. I found a new replacement master cylinder for $35. Thanks in advance.

Spamby

Meat Product Toy
Lube the clutch pedal and all the moving bits. See if that works

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Lube the clutch pedal and all the moving bits. See if that works
Clutch has been lubed over and over and over again for the past year.... :)

ZachTTLM

Sounds like throwout bearing possible...not sure without hearing it...

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
Did your mechanic use a stethoscope probe to locate the noise. My mechanic uses a stethoscope that has a long rod attached. He touches various components to pin point the source of the sound. If it is the master cylinder making the noise it should be fairly easy to determine that. He is probably correct though if your description is accurate. Another source of noise could be the clutch fork retaining pin is dry and void of grease or the tip of the slave where it meets the fork.

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Ill get a video for you guys today and then we will see what your thoughts are IF you can tell by seeing/hearing. :tup:

(That pin is dry though...)

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!

Also you can see the clutch stops at a certain point. That point on to the top is the dead part. (Where you press and nothing happens. The point where it stops is where it starts to engage)

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
:rofl: not sure what wow means but now you see why no one rides in my car!

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Isn't there a spring under there?

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
Sounds like a hoopty... Get a stethoscope and start probing around. Could be the master. It sounds like smooth metal rubbing against dry rubber.

Spamby

Meat Product Toy
That noise just sounds too much like it's in the cabin. Sounds like its in the pedal mechanism.

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
You hear the exact same thing outside as well though.

Alter3go

I know this may not be relevant to a subie but my supra did the same thing I had to completely rebuild the clutch. Due to the se atrocious noise. When coming out of first does your clutch studder a bit? Like it is uncertain if it wants to catch or not?

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Same clutch as when I bought my car... from 49,079 miles. Grabs the same as day one... I can't be certain 100% that it isn't stock, but with every other stock 04 that I've compared to, it's totally different. Won't ever know until the times comes for it to be pulled out. It does not stutter when trying to start off in first gear. It literally engages just as it did day one....

-111,101 miles now... just got back from logging.

Alter3go

Ok the you probably don't have to rebuild, but I would definitely do as holy said and probe it for the noise and that's half the battle it.

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Ok, I will look into probing for the noise one of these next few days! :ty:

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Taking the clutch pedal out master cylinder out tomorrow... gonna see what the hell is going on.

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
I just want to curl up and cry...

So the clutch master cylinder is perfectly fine... Took the clutch pedal apart and the black spring on the pedal itself is whats causing the squealing. So upon further inspection of the pedal assembly, i arrive to this very disturbing image that makes me want to cry....

This is the part of the entire pedal assembly that connects to the clutch master cylinder inside the cockpit. The metal frame is broken...............

Now i dont know if i bought the car like this... If it happened during my ownership.... Whatever the fuck it is man... This is some straight up bullshit... How in the fuck does that metal frame break?!?!??

So now im hunting down entire pedal assemblies. I found a few on ebay for $100 shipped. There is one guy about an hour south that owns a bodyshop and he gets at least 2 stis in a month. So i have to talk to him and see if he has one for sale.

Anyone know how the possibility of that metal frame can break?!
[MENTION=1]IGOTASTi.COM[/MENTION] [MENTION=9]HolyCrapItsFast[/MENTION] [MENTION=1507]Spamby[/MENTION] [MENTION=652]Grinder34[/MENTION] [MENTION=662]Batmobile_Engage[/MENTION]