Top mount to front mount

Paul.Shipp

I recently bout my sti the previous owner changed the intercooler from top mount to front mount, im not sure if the previous owner
ever had the car tuned (im doubting it) but would it be highly recommended to get it tuned to the new intercooler?

Spamby

Meat Product Toy
I'd recommend it being tuned. I assume your still running the stock turbo?

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
[MENTION=9]HolyCrapItsFast[/MENTION] can tune it for you.

Its free for Platinum members. :)

Paul.Shipp

as far as i can see for engine work
Front mount intercooler and short ram intake are the only mods that i am currently aware of, sorry for lack of specifics as the mods were installed by previous owner

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Regardless, pictures would be super useful as well! :tup:

Spamby

Meat Product Toy
Take some pics of the engine bay. Be particular around the area of the turbo. Let's see if we can see anything that sticks out so we can get a better idea of mods under there.

Batmobile_Engage

Squirrel Meat Aficionado.
Staff member
No worries dude, we're all human. We strive to be friendly and helpful here.

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
We're not like the rest.

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
would love to but i live in southern part of pennsylvania

You have a few options... :tup:

The cheapest is to have an E-tune but that requires you to have express knowledge and the ability to log data and flash roms and you must have a wide band AFR gauge installed. It is a lot of work and requires you to go WOT on public streets so it would be at your own risk. This method takes an awful long time. This options is not suited well for the novice or less technically inclined.

The other option would be to drive to my location in NY. You would be responsible for gas but the tune would be free.

Or I can come to you but you would have to pay my gas and feed me lunch :D