Decrease in power?

SeanZ

2005 sti with aps 65mm intake and catback exhaust no tune. If im trying to go fast itll be just like normal, going high rpms and be loud, but im not really going fast. For example, ill be at first gear and go full throttle from 20mph and itll rise rpms and sound as if im going fast like normal but its really not going fast at all. What could this be?

SeanZ

I shift at 7k rpm to 2nd gear and itll do the same thing. The only time i really feel power is when im in a higher gear like 4th

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Your mods and no tune is a problem. You don't want to go WOT anymore until you get a tune!

Alter3go

R those the only mods? Also if it's that's sluggish I'd look for a boost leak and get a compression test.

That is quite high to finally getting some boost and in fourth!

Spamby

Meat Product Toy
Clutch slipping? Kind of sounds like that. Rise in rpm but not really going anywhere.

SeanZ

Clutch slipping? Kind of sounds like that. Rise in rpm but not really going anywhere.

I think you're right because I still hear normal spool and boost and rpms rise like normal its just the car isint going fast. Ive never changed the clutch since I got the car in september

Batmobile_Engage

Squirrel Meat Aficionado.
Staff member
How many times have you noticed this? I feel that if it was the clutch slipping, it'd already have reached the point (or soon will) where you won't be able to drive it, which would quickly become obvious that it's the clutch.
Idk about you guys, but when my first clutch started to go, it went from slippy to ****ed in a few days.

Last edited:

Spamby

Meat Product Toy
If it is the clutch, I would say it's not long for this earth.
Why does it seem there should be other posts... oh duh. Posted the same thing in two threads.

Batmobile_Engage

Staff member
Not sure, but I'm almost positive that a quick trip to the auto parts store will remedy this situation.

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Since were talking about that hose, whats the name of that entire line? With the metal piping that connects from the left side to the right side and is attached to the tmic?

Spamby

Meat Product Toy
Yes. Get a length of 1/2 or 3/8 fuel/vacuum hose. Don't remember what size but I think it's 1/2. Get a few feet. Hell, get a few feet if each.

Batmobile_Engage

Staff member
You can never have enough vacuum line and small, steel hose clamps on the shelf in your garage. :tup: