2005 Subaru Sti Boost problem

SeanZ

So I know I have had previous threads of me saying I had a bad clutch, it wasn't that, my clutch is great also had an air leak, the head breather hose made a split, fixed that, wasn't that either, Also thought it might've been a boost leak, I just now did the boost leak test sprayed on all couplings,clamps,after turbo ect, no sign of bubbles opr anything plus when im driving I dont hear any whines or leakage. So now that leaves to what? I mean now its basically like a Naturally aspirated sti? Im not having any boost heres a video of how she runs

Btw car has aps 65mm intake and hks catback exhaust, no tune.

Grinder34

Track Monkey
bad EBCS stuck open? wastegate stuck open? tune with boost tables turned down? exhaust leak upstream of turbo?ive been out of town for a bit, so I'm a bit hazy on the details of what you've said before, but did you already do a log of idling and of an acceleration run?

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
He doesnt have any means of logging.

Alter3go

Check your pipes as well uppipe especially could be cracked pipes also check very closely to turbo since u don't hear boost til fourth at 7 grand check around it.

Batmobile_Engage

Squirrel Meat Aficionado.
Staff member
^ Good idea. I've seen a couple STIs have the gasket between the top of the up pipe and the bottom of the turbo blow out.
One guy I know was even missing one of the three flange bolts and one of the other ones was barely finger tight. Everything
is so crammed in there that it can be hard to notice/reach. If you have a small, telescoping inspection mirror and a flashlight,
you may be able to take a look around the flange.

Alter3go

Get a real bright flashlight and you may have to remove the intercooler to look closer from the top and heat shield

evilution

I've run into it a few times too in my evo 3, but the blokes above already mentioned the main things, my other reasons doesn't sound like it would apply since the variables are different.
But one time I stopped and filled up at a (non branded) service station. Not one I usually stop at and right after filling up there the car started running like your video indicates. Since the only thing different was the crap fuel so I took it as it may have been shyte juice. A bottle of injector cleaner did the trick. So if you run out of ideas, could always give that a go.