oil

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
We use AMSOIL.

What you running now?

sarahkingagain

my buddy told me that brad penn is a good choice. I'm not familiar with it, maybe because I'm new to this. What are your thoughts on it?

Spamby

Meat Product Toy
my buddy told me that brad penn is a good choice. I'm not familiar with it, maybe because I'm new to this. What are your thoughts on it?

Brad Penn is a good oil from what I hear. It's a group 3+ oil which means it's a highly refined dyno oil. Seems they use sine group 4 or 5 in their stock to achieve a semi synthetic oil. They look to use high levels of ZDDP, at least from their statements, to help with wear. ZDDP being zinc and phosphorous, anti wear additives.
Only true way is to have a UOA done to see how the oil performs in your engine ( used oil analysis).
Other oils to consider are:
Motul 8100 xcess
Total quartz energy 9000
Shell Rotella t6
Amsoil ??
Redline ??
Castrol euro spec or GC Castrol (German Castrol ) 0-40

Grinder34

Track Monkey
Oil is a big bag of worms. Everyone has their favorites, and even technical analysis can show that oil "A" is better for one STI, while oil "B" is better for literally the next car off of the production line.

There are definitely some popular ones that are almost certainly good for your car, and you can use with confidence...spamby listed those above.

Personally, I use Rotella T6. Its downright cheap, and easily available. I think Walmart has it for like $20/gal, and some times there are mail-in rebates of up to $5. For track days, I usually get some Amsoil from JJ @ dealer cost. But its too expensive for me to want to run it daily.

I see you're abroad, so you may have slightly different options available to you.

drantonides

Brad Penn is a good oil from what I hear. It's a group 3+ oil which means it's a highly refined dyno oil. Seems they use sine group 4 or 5 in their stock to achieve a semi synthetic oil. They look to use high levels of ZDDP, at least from their statements, to help with wear. ZDDP being zinc and phosphorous, anti wear additives.
Only true way is to have a UOA done to see how the oil performs in your engine ( used oil analysis).
Other oils to consider are:
Motul 8100 xcess
Total quartz energy 9000
Shell Rotella t6
Amsoil ??
Redline ??
Castrol euro spec or GC Castrol (German Castrol ) 0-40
Motul is what I have always been recommended

ZachTTLM

We have used different oils in customer cars depending on application and requests, however when it comes to oil recommendations we stick with the Main 4 (Amsoil, Brad Penn, Motul, and Redline). Great thing about Amsoil is you do not need to buy the Dominator Oil which is crazy expensive you can go with something more practical such as the XL Series which is rated for 10,000 mile oil changes or the OE Series which is rated for over 3,000. Depending on your oil change schedule (some like to extend their miles on each oil change, however we still recommend the 3,000 mile change which is why the OE is a great choice). The answers above are also very correct and helpful!

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
If you go platinum, you pay dealer cost. The savings add up QUICK! I know from experience! Dominator all the way for me! [MENTION=1]IGOTASTi.COM[/MENTION]

Still 3k intervals though! :tup:

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
If you go platinum, you pay dealer cost. The savings add up QUICK! I know from experience! Dominator all the way for me! @IGOTASTi.COM

Still 3k intervals though! :tup:

Our blood is red. ;)

35r

My blood is green, Im Brad Pen till the end! It is a very good oil. Its also easy on my wallet. 12qts of 15-40 cost me $53.04.

Last edited:

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
My blood is green, Im Brad Pen till the end! It is a very good oil. Its also easy on my wallet. 12qts of 15-40 cost me $53.04.

Can i send you some dominator and then you send penn and dominator for analasis?

35r

I wont run amsoil its overpriced.. BP is locally produced and refined and is in all the 700-800-900hp shop cars and customer cars. It works well under abuse. I beat the living shit out of my car and every oil change its still green. But i can point you in the right direction if you want to try Brad Penn. There is a distributer/warehouse about 1/4mi from my house, which is where i get it. Can buy however many you want. Singles, cases, pallets.... However much you want.

Last edited:

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
I just want an analasis done to see each.

Edit:
I meant i send you some to send alongside brad penn for analasis not to run in your car lol

35r

I hear you, but im probably not the best candidate for analysis. I use a little more than the average Subaru. You probably want a more stock comparison. This is great oil, and i have no doubt that it will run great for you guys but testing them both on me will result in different info than alot of the guys on here asking about oil.