burning oil

Tosunian5

So what I was told by a Subaru seller today is that the sti's are know to burn oil up if the car is driven hard for a long period even if its a single day. He said he went through about half his oil one day after doing a tune on the dyno. So is he bluffing trying to mess me over or is this a real normal thing with the sti's?

Spamby

Meat Product Toy
Some oil consumption is normal for our cars, especially when driven hard. Though, I'd say if he was burning two quarts of oil on the dyno, he has issues with his engine or he's exaggerating a bit.
it's important to check your oil often to make sure it's topped off. A good rule of thumb is to check it every time you fill up with gas or after a particular time of hard driving.

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
Some oil consumption is normal for our cars, especially when driven hard. Though, I'd say if he was burning two quarts of oil on the dyno, he has issues with his engine or he's exaggerating a bit.
it's important to check your oil often to make sure it's topped off. A good rule of thumb is to check it every time you fill up with gas or after a particular time of hard driving.

Ditto! :tup: