2007 sti avcs

Travco Stein

On a 2007 sti right head ( pass. Side) the avcs oil supply is separate from the oil supply fornthe turbo. My question is do i have to use the oil supply coming out of the head, or can i plug it and use a p&l style supply lines....... any help would be aesome

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
Is it that you want to replace the hard oil feed line with a braided line?

Travco Stein

Yes steel braided but i was wondering if i have to use the oil galley that is used to supply the avcs ... or can it be plugged and i can then use a p&l kit which supplies oil from the rear of the head .... just looking for some insight .... i am currently having issues with my avcs on that side

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
I was under the impression that the AVCS gets it's oil from the back of the head in any case. :)

If we are tlaking about the passenger side of the engine, there should be one hard line that has a banjo fitting at the back of the head and it splits off. on side goes directly to the turbo and the other goes directly to the AVCS. The P&L line just replaces this. I was not aware of any other line that can be plugged.

Could you perhaps take a picture of what you are seeing? :tup:

DSC08093.JPG

Travco Stein

This is the issue i am having the 07 sti passenger side head is not like you are showing above its a split system and i can not find anyone that has been in my situation ... kinda stuck :(

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
Unfortunately the 2007 service manual is the one that I am missing. I need to see what you are talking about.

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
Oh I found it. I should have known this because I had 2007 heads on my 2006 STI and all I did was plug the unused port. So yes I belevie you can go ahead and use just one. Pick one... either should work.

Just confirm the attached picture for me and that this is what you are seeing...

Capture.JPG

Travco Stein

Yes this it! ... my issue is i plugged the whole and used my 2004 sti avcs/turbo oil supply line and now my avcs is messed up on that side

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
Hmmm... That should work... So you are saying it now looks like the first picture I posted? That is what I am envisioning.

Travco Stein

Yes the way i have my line now is like your first picture.... but origanally it lookednlike your second picture. Now that it looks like your first picture its givimg me problems like my avcs is not getting the correct amount of oil to it

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
Well then I am out of ideas... :unsure: That should work. You might have to put it back to the 2007 configuration.