Facebook asking for my government ID!?!

eric.marsh

Looks like I will no longer be using facebook :/ . Not to dive into the "conspiracy" realm, but with all the talk of NSA, Eric Snowden and general common sense, I was already selective on what I posted on facebook. With that being said, I did enjoy using it as a car blog and keeping intouch with freinds and family. However today was the last straw. Upon loggin in, facebook told me that they were requiring me to veryify my identity, and that i would have to provide a copy of my government issued ID card. In my opinion this is going too far. So now one person out of million will be boy cotting facebook :) Thoughts? Anyone on here had the same experience?

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Hahaha. Got out of that gig 2 years ago. Actually got out of everything but forums.

Ha I never got roped into the social media realm and never will. I'm only on a select few forums and will continue to keep it that way.

quality_sound

Facebook does NOT require your ID card to verify your identity. They've never asked me nor any other military people I know. I think you followed a bad link.

Nooch34

They can't require that. The would need a privacy act of '72 signed (I think that's the one) and like anyone else that requires proof for gov only sites ( Oakley, gerber and the like) they should only need you to send an email from your .mil account. You just got phished. Contact your security POC.

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Their messenger program has over steps its bounds big time!