600HP 10 Second STi - Mopping up on the Street!

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
What does everyone think of this STi?

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Couldnt listen to video but i watched the first half. What the hell do they mean stock motor???

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Ok, watched it again now fully with audio... Can someone find out info on this car? How can you push 600 whp on a stock motor???

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
[MENTION=1172]Alin[/MENTION] we would love more info on this also.

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
The youtube comments are calling him out just as I have too. The most I have seen with a stock motor is right under 450 WHP and the motor blew up a few days later.

If I see anything else about it, I'll be sure to post it here. :tup:

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Ok, so that accounts for the phrase "stock motor" because the long block was untouched?

Do you know what was done to the short block?

Spamby

Meat Product Toy
Ok, so that accounts for the phrase "stock motor" because the long block was untouched?

Do you know what was done to the short block?

The comment would be inclusive of the whole engine.
Short block is the block and internals.
Long block is the shirt block plus heads.

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
The comment would be inclusive of the whole engine.
Short block is the block and internals.
Long block is the shirt block plus heads.
How is it possible to push out 600 whp on a completely stock internal motor?!

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
It should have blown up during one of those videos. For all we know, the car is blown up as we are discussing this. :doh: They just edited the good shots to baffle everyone.

I still don't buy it.

Spamby

Meat Product Toy
It should have blown up during one of those videos. For all we know, the car is blown up as we are discussing this. :doh: They just edited the good shots to baffle everyone.

I still don't buy it.

Dunno. E85 should help with knock and keeping EGTs lower. I suspect it's helping matters. Good tune, as well.
There are countless examples of cars doing what they shouldn't be doing. I would just chalk it up to being an anomaly. A freak, if you will?

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
An "enigma" as [MENTION=9]HolyCrapItsFast[/MENTION] calls it. Let's see what he has to say! :tup:

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
[MENTION=1172]Alin[/MENTION] [MENTION=1507]Spamby[/MENTION] we don't believe it either.

Batmobile_Engage

Squirrel Meat Aficionado.
Staff member
I believe it...but barely...and it's still going to eat itself and shit its guts out in no time.

The tune would have to be PERFECT.

The only thing that makes me call bullshit is the races. I can see making 600 on a dynojet and making your claim, but he was racing hard and beating the engine. I can hardly believe those are stock pistons.

Last edited:

Spamby

Meat Product Toy
I believe it...but barely...and it's still going to eat itself and shit its guts out in no time.

The tune would have to be PERFECT.

The only thing that makes me call bullshit is the races. I can see making 600 on a dynojet and making your claim, but he was racing hard and beating the engine. I can hardly believe those are stock pistons.

I can make 600 and drive to the grocery store on stock internals but beating the living shit out of it makes me wonder just how much 100% stock it is on the inside.
I'd say that 100% stock block is misleading. The block itself may be stock but the internals may not be. Lawyer wording 101... lol

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
He has to be lying! :angry: :banghead:

The tranny I belive, but motor = GTFO! :peelout: