all season tires

sarahkingagain

I am currently stationed in Germany and will be PCSing to Fort Drum NY in February! I don't even know where to begin when it comes to all season tires. Suggestions?

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
[MENTION=1507]Spamby[/MENTION] knows! :tup:

Grinder34

Track Monkey

sarahkingagain

Thats my plan, but i need some tires soon. I plan on getting new wheels when i get back state side. Its too expensive to get them in Germany, and I will be leaving soon.

Spamby

Meat Product Toy
[MENTION=3635]sarahkingagain[/MENTION]

Grinder is definitely right on that one especially if you live in the snowier and colder parts of the states. If your winters are less snowy and tend to have a bit warmer days, above 45* id say, then all seasons can fit the bill, generally.

Since your in Germany and I assume plan to use them for a bit while there and assuming Germany experiences a good snow a cold winter, I'd say the continental DWS will fit your bill for a temporary solution. First hand experience says they do a really good job in the white stuff.

Check out the Tirerack.com for their reviews on the ultra high performance all season tires.

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tests/testDisplay.jsp?ttid=151

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tests/testDisplay.jsp?ttid=177

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
We didn't know that.

Great info [MENTION=652]Grinder34[/MENTION]. :)

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Rally Machine right there! :rallydriver:

Bontchimuz

Personally I am leaning towards Blizzak (sp?) for my 2015 STi unless someone can advise to better ones....I have never had winter tires and have lived in NH for 22 years lol.

Never too late to start....

Spamby

Meat Product Toy
Personally I am leaning towards Blizzak (sp?) for my 2015 STi unless someone can advise to better ones....I have never had winter tires and have lived in NH for 22 years lol.

Never too late to start....

A lot of guys swear by the blizzaks. There are also a winter high performance tire that is more biased to dry and cold weather that's supposed to handle well and get better longevity.
Also, from my understanding, Nokian reigns king for snow tires but are pretty pricey.

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
I had blizzaks and i swear by them. But i also got away with all seasons. Partly driver mod, partly luck, partly tires.

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Idk if awd is that big of a factor. If i didnt wreck the truck this past winter with my crazy driving then it has to be driver over drivetrain.

Spamby

Meat Product Toy
Driver is the biggest factor but awd/4x4 can make a rookie better, or look stupid. Lol

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
I guess the most important aspect from this thread is common sense! :tard:

:rofl: :tup:

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Blizzaks. I personally prefer a used set (i have dealt with a lot of tires so i know what to look for as far as flaws go). I have gotten sets in the past for less than half of brand new blizzaks. They had around 80% tread left.