America peeps, ideas on things to do and places to go!

hbomb83

Hey Guys and girls, my girlfriend and I are hitting the states from October 27th-November 25th and I was wondering if you had recommendations on stuff to see/do. We are heading to LA, Boston, Washington, New York, Orlando, New Orleans and Vegas! So let me know where to go! Or If any of you are round the traps and wanna grab lunch and take me for a ride in your car feel free to hit me up. Cheers guys, Matty

Washington State? Seattle area? Here's a quick short list that I can think of :) Enjoy your time out here!

Space Needle
Pikes Place
Seattle Great Wheel
EMP Museum
Chihuly Garden and Glass
Pacific Science Center
Seattle Aquarium
Seattle Art Museum
Museum of Flight
Gas Works Park
Fremont Troll

Grinder34

Track Monkey
I'm from DC. LOTS of museums and monuments. Too many to list. And they're all free. If you like planes the Udvar-Hazy annex is a ways from downtown but pretty cool. The Air-and-Space museum that's downtown is pretty "meh" to me, but the annex in Dulles is badass.

Lots of great dining. Get on open table (www.opentable.com) and make reservations NOW. DC has too few restaurants per capita, so things fill up quickly.

Get a drink at the W Hotel rooftop bar. Awesome views. I think it's the W.

Walk around Kalorama and look at some ridiculous houses/embasies in the city.

Great Falls park is pretty cool.

Are you into nightlife? Adams Morgan is pretty crazy at night, with tons of places to go. The crowd is a little young for me now, but for a night it'd probably be pretty fun.

I'm sure i'll think of more.

hbomb83

thanks grinder ill give the website a try and look up those places :)

Batmobile, im a big Celtics fan so I wanted to try and catch a game at the garden, GF wants to do both Disney world and land...-_- New York because its New York, Washington DC because of the landmarks and museums, New Orleans.. just because ive always wanted to go there and Vegas because im an avid poker player and have relatives there

Grinder34

Track Monkey
DC also has some boat cruise things. I havent done many, but they're a cool way to see the city at night. Might be worth checking out.

opentable is great for DC, and probably for all the other cities as well.

Grinder34

Track Monkey
For NY, i thought the boat around the statue of liberty and ellis island was pretty cool, but ellis island itself was kinda disappointing. If i had it to do again, i'd probably skip that part and just enjoy the boat.

If you're a foodie:
In new orleans Peche was a GREAT restaurant. It's won some awards (James Beard for one) so it might be harder to get into than when I left. I liked Mr B's Bistro too but i think it was a bit more expensive.

For new orleans, many of the "landmarks" i found to be pretty disappointing, such as having a Hurricane at Pat O'Briens. It was like oversaturated coolaid with rum. Venture just a few blocks off of Bourbon St and its MUCH nicer. Bourbon street always stank: In the morning they're washing away all the vomit so it smells bad, in the afternoon the water hasnt quite dried yet (it's very humid there) so it smells a little like mildew, and then in the evening it smells like vomit again! But there are some cool jazz bars and places that dont specialize in cheap Jell-o shots around, so explore. There are lots of famous cemetaries that are fun to explore with their mausoleums, and the architecture around town is wonderful. We spent one afternoon renting bikes and just exploring the city on our own, which was pretty cool. Its totally flat so the biking is easy.

hbomb83

Thanks again grinder! The bike idea sounds really good actually, might have to try and convince the girl that we can do it haha. looking up open table now :)

When you get to The Big Apple, may as well see Madisom Square Garden just to say you have, i 2nd the boat ride around The Statue of Liberty.
If your girl likes shopping (hey, a few don't) take her down Manhattan, just don't wander around aimlessly after dark.
I personally enjoy checking out some of their museums (don't judge me)