Diff question

So since I am technically a Subaru "Noob" I figured I would post my question here :)

How exactly does the auto/manual Diff feature work and what conditions would require it to be + or -, locked out etc. I live in upstate NY and have heard people suggest to lock it out during the winter but just wanted to get some assistance as I know nothing about this stuff lol, always drove fwd prior to the STi ;)

Sorry for the stupid question lol!

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
First there is no such thing as a stupid question!

You got that? ;)

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
The 2015 WRX STI DCCD AWD System has three automatic modes:

“Auto” provides optimal performance for all conditions. The “Auto” (-) Active Sport setting shifts the torque bias to the rear and also opens the center limited-slip differential (no locking factor), which improves steering feel for performance driving on the track.

Spamby

Meat Product Toy
Auto for when normal driving
Auto - for when wanting to do some spirited stuff.
Auto + when it's snowy/wet/icy. Or different manual lock setting when the stuff gets deep.
That's how I run mine.

sacnvz

Thank you [MENTION=3665]tandj[/MENTION] for asking! I'm a noob to subie myself and I just haven't had a chance to venture into the DCCD stuff.

Thank you [MENTION=3665]tandj[/MENTION] for asking! I'm a noob to subie myself and I just haven't had a chance to venture into the DCCD stuff.

Haha yeah it was all confusing to me! I was so thrilled with driving it in general that I didn't even think about the other features lol!

Rene G

What give you more rear wheel bias? Auto -, or manual open? I'm of the understanding that it's manual open. TIA

jake.quental

Lol... I've had studies for years but the 15 STI is my first with the DCCD. Thanks for asking... Now I don't have to ask!

I was just confused about auto- and auto+