ACT street clutch and light weight flyeheel?

cordoroy

Hey guys. I have an 05 sti 20th 305 horse anybody else running an ACT street clutch and light weight flywheel ? Want to know people's opinions on clutch feel and durability?

I'm running the act hdss on an act lightweight flywheel. Honestly the clutch feel hardly changed from stock, besides the position of engagement. Even though it's a heavy duty, it still feels like stock. Barely any more effort is needed to engage the clutch.

The lightweight flywheel is ok. Revs come sooner, but also drop really fast. I noticed I have to Rev about 1k more rpm than from stock for the engagement to be as smooth as stock.

Otherwise, they pair together really nicely when the revs are high, clutch is released, and shit hits the fan.

I have the same set up and it works well for my 297whp and 315 torque but then again i dont launch it like crazy. Like BB said i have to get the engine revs up a but more to engage it with out stalling it makes me feel like I'm riding the clutch but i know I'm not lol.

P.S. Motor will be out probably next week and I can take photos of it with about 20K miles on the set up if you guys would like to see the wear and tear?