Squeaky clutch pedal

ezie

Hello there fellow forum members,

I own an AUSDM 04 wrx sti (blobeye) EJ207 with 60k mileage on it.

My clutch pedal started to squeak every time i press/depress it. Happen when it's cold and when it's warm. Also when it's been driven very long the clutch pedal will not return back and i had to use my feet to pull it back to normal position.

Do i need to replace the master clutch pump and the slave pump at once or is there any way that i can adjust the pedal so it stop making the squeal.

I had already use grease and wd40 on the pedal it self and the spring below the intercooler but its keeps squealing in the matter of months and it is really annoying.

Any help is greatly appreciated. Cheers and have a nice day.

TK-421

Hello there fellow forum members,

I own an AUSDM 04 wrx sti (blobeye) EJ207 with 60k mileage on it.

My clutch pedal started to squeak every time i press/depress it. Happen when it's cold and when it's warm. Also when it's been driven very long the clutch pedal will not return back and i had to use my feet to pull it back to normal position.

Do i need to replace the master clutch pump and the slave pump at once or is there any way that i can adjust the pedal so it stop making the squeal.

I had already use grease and wd40 on the pedal it self and the spring below the intercooler but its keeps squealing in the matter of months and it is really annoying.

Any help is greatly appreciated. Cheers and have a nice day.

The squeak you are referring to is the pressure plate "fingers" actuating back and forth, 60,000 miles is when Subaru generally calls for clutch inspection, and upon inspection replace if necessary.

Now to address the fact that the clutch pedal that does not return to full height. Yes this will require you to replace either the slave cylinder and or clutch fluid master. If you notice fluid weeping from the slave cylinder, then replace the slave, if no fluid is present replace the master.

Clutch fluid is brake fluid. So it is good practice to flush and replace both the brake and clutch fluid every 30,000 miles. Brake fluid absorbs moisture and water, and over time that moisture that has been absorbed can cause corrosion inside both the brake master cylinder and clutch fluid cylinder, as well as corroding the metal brake and clutch fluid lines.

It sounds to me that the reason your clutch pedal fails to return to resting height, is because the diaphragm is damaged inside either the slave cylinder or clutch master cylinder, or even both.

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!

TK-421

We can add this to our abbreviation thread! :ty:

I replaced my assembly with an 06 assembly. Hopefully this one is made of better material that wont break! :lol:

Haha nice! You know I'm a plethora of information, I bring new stuff to the table each day buddy.

And you'll be just fine with a 06 assembly, the 05 and up had many redesigned parts that the 04 faulted.

ezie

[MENTION=3126]ezie[/MENTION]

Check my thread out from a few months ago. You might have the same issue. This was months until i figured it was the pedal assembly:

http://www.igotasti.com/vBforum/showthread.php?t=7237

Here is the post from the thread with the video to compare to your squeek:

http://www.igotasti.com/vBforum/showpost.php?p=94494

Hope it helps! :tup:
[MENTION=1172]Alin[/MENTION] just read your post and man that suck big time. Hopefully mine isn't that bad. If not i have to seach for a new clutch pedal set.

I have double check for leak at the master and slave pump but everything is in good condition. Just gave them a good spray of wd40 on the spring and grease the pedal again. Still getting a little bit of squeak.

Appreciate the help guys. Have a nice day.