question about turbo inlet electrical connector

Towel_STi

Ok so I had to replace my turbo inlet cuz the other one collapsed at the end. Anyways I had to Jerry rig the connector that was on the stock inlet to fit the aftermarket one. It's now months later and the plastic oem connector I had to cut to fit the aftermarket one has now failed. I'm wondering if I even need this electrical connection in between the hoses or if I can just take it out and it won't throw a CEL?

Sorry if that was confusing here's pics , I have a 05 Sti
the black plastic connector is donzo the grey connector is what I'm asking about is it needed or can I run a straight hose right there.

One end of the hose end at the turbo inlet hose and the other end goes down the right side of turbo. I haven't noticed any difference in performance or anything but obviously that black plastic is oil rotted and needs to be replaced but it was attached the the stock turbo inlet, so what do you guys do with this after you installed your aftermarket inlet ???

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Give me a few minutes and ill get back to you. Mine is just laying around in there as well. Ill grab a pic for you. Dont know the technicalities either but like you said nothing is different in vehicle performance.

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Ok here it is:

Towel_STi

Hmm interesting, that wire must be a dummy wire. So where I have the arrow is what you just showed me is open to atmosjpere coming off of the turbo inlet. And the other end which I have circled is also opened to atmosphere then??

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
I cant tell by your pic where the hose clamps to on the bottom. If its the one im thinking then it goes back into the intake and the sensor is a dummy now. I read a little about it and its part of the pcv system.

Towel_STi

Shit I think I know now but now I'm confused again haha so the black thing top left of throttle body in your pic and the middle of mine is the pcv valve thAt goes into the head? And you have it ran straight the the intake without the grey connector I have or having the connector hooked up. But now I'm confused about the one you don't have hooked up I don't think I have that?

Towel_STi

The green one is the one I was talking about but now I dint know what the one I have circled goes to. I don't see it on mine?

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
The circled one connects to a grey sensor plug. Read more about it on the pcv system. Cant do more research till later. If you dont find it ill link you when i get home. I did this over 2 years ago and cant remember. My stock inlet collapsed on the turbo cause the stock ones are complete garbage.

91bbbece28cbe1ced8bab6ff58c071d6.jpg

Yep garbage and this is what I just pulled off if my sti. It looks like the dealership slaughtered it with the hose clamp when they replaced the turbo.