threw a p0340 today

Towel_STi

Can someone please give me a pic of the location of the camshaft position sensor please. I've read forums saying to try and clean it but I don't even know where it is. A little help pleasee??? And also what needs to be removed if anything to get to it? I have a 05 Sti

Car is STOCK. Did not throw code under boost or any type of load. I was leaving work and it stalled cranked for a little and then started up with a cel and I got p0340.

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Oh boy...

I say dont drive the car if you have a different one to use for the moment.

The sensor is a small one. One on each side of the engine. Im going to bed now. I dont think anyone else will respond at this hour. :lol:

For the time being look on google for it. If you cant find it by morning ill try and help you. Good luck.

Spamby

Meat Product Toy
On the heads. Back towards firewall and top ish area. Should be a big black electrical connector looking thingy on it.

Towel_STi

Oh boy...

I say dont drive the car if you have a different one to use for the moment.

The sensor is a small one. One on each side of the engine. Im going to bed now. I dont think anyone else will respond at this hour. :lol:

For the time being look on google for it. If you cant find it by morning ill try and help you. Good luck.

Is this it?

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Yea, that's it! :tup:

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
That's the avcs solenoid... the cam sensors is the one on the right. :tup: