Question about fuel rails

subbie08

Ok so the time has come to get rid of the stock turbo.Im going to go with a drop in turbo either the blouch 20g xt or dom2.5 or dom 3.0. Im upgrading the injectors and fuel pump but i was wondering if getting the perrin fuel rails are worth it or not.I see alot of people upgrading the injectors and such but i never hear anything about the rails.

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
IMO rails are not necessary for any application under 500 crank hp on 93. Especially with the 08 top feeds so I think you are okay with just injectors and pump for now. However I would think anything you do with the rails now will support any future endeavors, but for those turbo choices you are OK with the stock delivery system.

E85 is a different story though. If your plan is to use E85 then I would think about doing lines, FPR and fuel rails. As for perrin specifically there are other lower cost solutions that are just as good, even better IMO. You could save yourself some serious cash if you buy just the rails and do the parallel feed lines yourself versus buying the complete system. I did this for my self and another member. We ended up with fuel systems that are every bit as good as any other after market solution at half the cost. Check them out below. If you are looking for a no hassle solution and don't mind spending the cash then by all means go for the complete fuel system.

Top Feed Solution with lines routed underneath...
http://www.igotasti.com/vBforum/showthread.php?199-Jared-s-06-SGM-STI&p=3130&viewfull=1#post3130

Side Feed Solution with lines routed on top (Twelfth picture down)...
http://www.igotasti.com/vBforum/sho...M-STi-What-a-whore&p=4097&viewfull=1#post4097

subbie08

IMO rails are not necessary for any application under 500 crank hp on 93. Especially with the 08 top feeds so I think you are okay with just injectors and pump for now. However I would think anything you do with the rails now will support any future endeavors, but for those turbo choices you are OK with the stock delivery system.

E85 is a different story though. If your plan is to use E85 then I would think about doing lines, FPR and fuel rails. As for perrin specifically there are other lower cost solutions that are just as good, even better IMO. You could save yourself some serious cash if you buy just the rails and do the parallel feed lines yourself versus buying the complete system. I did this for my self and another member. We ended up with fuel systems that are every bit as good as any other after market solution at half the cost. Check them out below. If you are looking for a no hassle solution and don't mind spending the cash then by all means go for the complete fuel system.

Top Feed Solution with lines routed underneath...
http://www.igotasti.com/vBforum/showthread.php?199-Jared-s-06-SGM-STI&p=3130&viewfull=1#post3130

Side Feed Solution with lines routed on top (Twelfth picture down)...
http://www.igotasti.com/vBforum/sho...M-STi-What-a-whore&p=4097&viewfull=1#post4097
I will be running 93 pump since I live in a place where e85 is no where to be found where i live now.If i move back home i will being upgrading to e85.Thanks for the input

icudruln

I'd recommend replacing the fuel lines for E85. When I did this, I re-routed the FPR above the intake manifold for easier access if/when I get an adjustable FPR.

EviljokerSTi

I take it you have an 08 Sti or WRX correct? I wouldnt go for the V2 series of rails from perrin, there have been horror stories of lines breaking or leaking leading to engine bay fires. the older version with the braided lines are alot safer and recomended by most tuners.
Also with stock lines when you start to get into the higher hosrepower range, Cylinder #4 usually goes lean b/c of uneven fuel delivery. this is where upgraded rails help in that most arent made to be fed linear like the stock ones.

Like Holy said if your not pushing major crank HP and plan on using regualr pump, just stay with the stock system. Remember also that if you do have bigger plans for the future fuel rails will be a must.