What can I use to measure decibels?

STi FR3AK

Armyssoldierboy
When I get my car here to Germany, they'll test the exhaust @ idle and @ 3k to make sure it doesn't exeed 95db. I'm almost possitive it'll fail:| I've called inspection shops around Dallas and audio shops too. The audio shops said they only have equipment that measures over 130db so that won't help. What can I use or where can I buy something like this? When I have time I'll go to the inspectors here and see what equipment they're using and see how much it is. I sure don't want to spend hundreds for something I'll only use once :(

Fair

On Vacation
http://vorshlag.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7694 = Sound Testing performed @ Vorshlag (in Dallas)

936076130_V5sVd-S.jpg

Click the second image above for one of the WOT drive-by tests. We've done this on about a dozen cars now and have found some interesting info.

Cheers,
Terry @ Vorshlag

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
If you just want a quick check that's pretty accurate (but by no means an official meter) and if you have and iPhone you can download an app call Decibel.

STi FR3AK

Armyssoldierboy
http://vorshlag.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7694 = Sound Testing performed @ Vorshlag (in Dallas)

Cheers,
Terry @ Vorshlag
Thanks, how much would yall charge to test my car, standing 10' behind the vehicle @ idle and 3k? I looked at yalls website and couldn't find an address nor on google maps. Can you pm me a price for those quick tests and an address please :)
If you just want a quick check that's pretty accurate (but by no means an official meter) and if you have and iPhone you can download an app call Decibel.
Cool :) Thanks.

Fair

On Vacation
Thanks, how much would yall charge to test my car, standing 10' behind the vehicle @ idle and 3k? I looked at yalls website and couldn't find an address nor on google maps. Can you pm me a price for those quick tests and an address please :)
Just send me a note to sales (at) vorshlag (dot) com and we can get see about your test. :tup:

STi FR3AK

Armyssoldierboy
thanks, sent

06STI360

I downloaded a decibel meter for my Droid and cold start idle is 104 decibels! No wonder my neighbors hate me.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

STi FR3AK

Armyssoldierboy
I think my idle is 1k rpm too :(