The Official Jobless Persons and Job Hunting Thread

BoxerRumbleSTi

Ok so Yes I do run my own business and what not. Thing is it just recently started a few months ago. What that means is, yeah business is slow until the name gets out more. I lost my initial job back last april. I had left my job making 17 dollars an hour to work at a local bank. Bad decision. Working with a bunch of women got me fired. They fired me because I wore 2 small diamond earrings. Yes, I know what your going to say, "Why didn't you just take them out?". Well answer to that is this, When I got hired, the HR lady said I was allowed to wear them. I never came in late, very punctual, dressed up in dress clothes (shirt, pants, tie), hair done nice. Now when I got fired they said I didn't look professional with the earrings. Took it to unemployment. They were going to grant me unemployment because its like discrimination. When asked why I didn't take them out, I said how fair is it that Im the only guy there and can't wear MY 2 SMALL earrings, yet the teller next to me has 8 in one ear, 10 in other, her nose AND lip pierced YET works with them in. That's when they told the judge that I then was mean to customers. If I knew they would pull some BS like that, I would have brought the letters and notes in that customers sent me because I was nice, cheerful and all that jazz. So yeah, back to the topic, technically even though running my own business, im still unemployed. Looking for a job. Anyone know of any place hiring? Im really trying to work for or what not a performance shop. Any of the vendors on here hiring? :)

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
Sorry to hear about your situation. The office environment can be brutal and if you are different and not in with the clique, they find ways to fuck you over no matter how diligent you are.

The company I work for (Siemens) prides itself on diversity and doesn't tolerate that sort of behavior. I guess that's the advantage to working for a more progressive European company.

I wish you the best of luck man. :tup: