Status
Not open for further replies.

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
*This Service is available for Open Source Tuning ONLY until further notice*

If you are purchasing a membership for the purposes of our complimentary E-Tuning service then please read and fully understand the following. This is a very technical and time-consuming process and if you are not up to the challenge, then this is not for you.

Memberships will not be refunded.

FOR AccessPort V2 and V3 OWNERS who do not already have AccessTuner Race...

You now have to pay Cobb for a class to allow you to download AccessTuner Race. AccessTuner is required to allow you to log the WideBand AFR gauge. If you are willing to pay and are savvy enough to pass their test then please go ahead and do so.

A second option would be to purchase a Tactirx OpenPort 2.0 or a VagCOMM cable and log using RomRaider.

A third option would be to log the external wideband through the AccessPort itself but that requires a special wire harness that ties into the TGV connector as well as a special ROM file that I can provide. I will be making these harnesses as they are required and there will be a $35 charge for them.

This does not affect anyone using OpenSource as the tuning platform or people with 2015 WRX or greater with direct injection. Nor does this affect people who already have a copy of the AccessTuner Race for their car.

Okay, Ladies and Gents! I am making this announcement to make you all aware that we are doing stuff to improve incentives for our premium members. This is being brought to you by IGOTASTi Administration and is sponsored and supported by the paying members of this site.

IGOTASTi is proud to announce that it will be offering e-tuning services to our premium members! :D

We have recognized a need for this service amongst the community and we are here to fill a gap. Before I explain the process I would like to say this first. The tuning we provide is first and foremost tuning for safety and reliability and then power second. What you must understand is that things happen and we can not guaranty the integrity of your own vehicle during the tuning process. Meaning the tuning process can be very taxing on the car and if it is not up to the task then we must decline the service for that individual. More on that later.

Furthermore, the tuning we provide is street tunes. You will get the best results with a protune and a dyno for open-loop WOT. So the street tunes are geared more toward drivability and safety. Though we use Virtual Dyno software to derive our results, the final numbers are not to be considered accurate enough for bragging rights. For that, you need a true dyno. The software we use is used only as a tool to gauge our progress.

Regardless, done right, a street tune can be significantly better for drivability and safety than any dyno tune because you are tuning for real-world conditions and real-world loads. Not artificial loads created by the dyno.

The prices are as follows:

Platinum & Life Time Members: Free, All tunes and re-tunes

Sponsor Members:
Free for the first tune, 25$ for every tune after that. Free re-tunes after one year

Supporting Members: $25 a tune

Contributing Members: $50 a tune

Free Members: $100 a tune (Limited Availability)

Please if you do not understand any of the following then please learn this material before you ask for a tune. Start a thread in the forum, please!!!

A session will not begin without a functioning wide band that is set up to log in AccessTuner Race or RomRaider or you have purchased the special adapter harness for logging the wideband through the AccessPort.

AEM, Inovate and Zietronix are the best solutions for logging in software through the RS232 interface. Other gauges that utilize a 0-5 volt output can be used with the AccessPort and an adapter harness used for wiring the wideband into the TGV.

Prerequisites:

1.) This requirement is as much for your safety as it is protection for us. IGOTASTI is in no way responsible for damage to your car during the tuning process from unforeseen issues and conditions that are out of our control. We will stand behind our tuning once it is complete. Before the tuning process can begin, you must provide proof of the following by completing a form indicating your compliance and your consent...

A.) A recent compression test must have been performed within the last month and the results must be posted in the form.
B.) A complete oil change must be performed just prior to the tuning process.
C.) Replace spark plugs and gap to .028, One step colder plugs are preferred.
D.) Clean the MAF sensor with electrical contact cleaner.
E.) Clean or replace the air filter.
F.) Have a boost leak test performed. Check all vacuum hoses and plenum for leaks and cracks.
G.) Check your brake fluid level.
H.) Check your coolant level.
I.) Check the air pressure in your tires and tread wear.
J.) Check your brake pads.
K.) Provide a detailed list of any and all engine modifications.

2.) If tuning for Open Loop, You must have a wideband AFR gauge installed and hooked up to be able to log with. NO EXCEPTIONS. AEM is the cheapest and easiest solution to achieve this goal and it is one of the most accurate gauges. The bung must be at least 6 inches from the turbo and before any catalytic converter. It must sit in the portion of the flow profile that sees the most flow, meaning if there is a bend prior to the sensor, it should be mounted after the bend and on the same plane as the outside radius of the bend.

3.) Have one of the following devices. An AccessPort and AcessTuner Race installed on your laptop (not required if using the wideband adapter) <OR> A Tactrix OpenPort 2 along with both the latest and up to date versions of ECUFlash and RomRaider installed on your laptop for open source tuning.

If using the AccessPort, please download and install the very latest software including AccessPort Manager and AccessTuner Race (if not using a wideband adapter) and update the firmware of your AccessPort to the latest firmware. If using the Tactrix OpenPort 2 then please have the latest ECUFlash and RomRaider installed with the latest definition files installed for both the ECU definitions and the logger definitions in RomRaider.

It is your responsibility to learn these software packages before you ask for a tune, We will not be your teacher. Ask these questions in the forum and familiarize yourself with the software and logging prior to a tune request.

4.) All stock sensors must be installed and functioning 100% including the front and rear O2 sensors and all CEL's must be addressed and fixed prior to tuning.

5.) As the owner-operator, you are responsible for your own actions on the road. Since this is a road tune, you will be going WOT at times and it is up to you to find a stretch of road to do that safely. We recommend you rent time at a track and let your tuner know so he may be made available during that time.

6.) For the best and consistent results, you should perform all of your logs and street runs on the same stretch of road at all times. This will guaranty the results will not change due to changes in load from varying inclines and other conditions.

7.) Please find a stretch of road that is either level or has a slight decline throughout a fourth gear run.

8.) Please be prompt with responding to e-mail and PM. This process can be very time-consuming and the faster we get each other the required data the faster we will be done.

Scheduling:

Since this service is being provided to an entire community, please be aware that our time is limited and I will be concentrating on one person at a time. Your requests will be put into rotation and it will be performed in the order it was received. The registration process will be automated and it will schedule you automatically through a web-based system. Once the process begins we will use this system to record and track your progress.

Registering:

Upon interest, you will PM me (HolyCrapItsFast) and I will provide you with a link to the registration website where you will register. This site will contain all the requested prerequisites and all the vital information pertaining to your car. Once registered you will log in and create your vehicle. It will automatically analyze the data and pre-approve or reject the application. Once approved you may initiate the tuning process by requesting a tune from within your vehicle data. From that point forward all dialog and data pertaining to the tuning session will be managed through this interface.

Tuning Process:

Once the tuning process begins and all prerequisites have been met we will begin with close loop tuning. This process does not require the use of a wideband but uses fuel trims to derive ideal calibration settings. This is contingent on a valid stock O2 sensor. The closed-loop process will include but not be limited to the following.

-Set all default values for initial safety
-Scale the MAF
-Scale injectors if applicable
-Adjust Fuel Tables for drivability and economy.
-Adjust Load Compensation
-Adjust and optimize Timing for drivability
-Analyze and adjust for knock conditions

Once we are satisfied with the closed-loop, we can begin open-loop tuning. This process requires the use of a wideband gauge set up to log via RomRaider or ATR/AccessPort. Once this process begins we will perform the following steps.

-Scale the MAF
-Adjust your fuel tables conservatively at first.
-Adjust timing conservatively at first.
-Adjust boost to target
-Adjust AVCS
-Readjust fuel tables for power focusing on safety
-Readjust Timing for MBT.

After everything is complete we will do one last final log to verify the results. From time to time I will be asking for future logs just to keep an eye on things as time goes on. It is possible that a re-tune is required throughout the year as environmental conditions changes.

Payment:

Payment will be made only after a successful tune is complete. Upon completion, you will simply donate the amount using PayPal and the donate button on the home page. https://www.igotasti.com. Or the donate link in the Quick Links above. I will alert igotasti of the pending payment and reason for the donation.

Final Disclaimer:

Cobb and the Open Source community is in no way affiliated with IGOTA and they can not assume any liability resulting from the use of their software and devices when used in conjunction with our e-tuning service.

All liabilities are your own unless it can be expressly proven that it was the tune that is the cause and all other explanations must have been exhausted before liability is assumed. If there is any doubt we can not assume liability. Of course, we will stand behind our work and provide support to the very end of a resolve. For a list of credentials please PM me (HolyCrapItsFast)

By beginning dialog and starting the e-tuning process, you agree to these requirements and disclaimers

George aka:holycrapitsfast
Director/Master Tuner

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As previously mentioned, to log the AFR gauge from the AccessPort, you will need the following adapter. This allows the 0-5V signal from the Wide Band Gauge to be connected to one of the TGV connectors so the AccessPort can log AFR. Special tuning is required to make this feature work and this is currently for Cobb tunes only. These are available on request and transactions will be done through PayPal. Please PM me, HolyCrapItsFast to orders.

This adapter can also be used with FlexFuel kits such as BoostLogic, Delicious Tuning, and my very own HolyCrapItsFast Tuning kit with built-in boost gauge.

AFR to AccessPort Adapter... PRICE; $35.00 plus shipping, Qty; 1

20170306_165127.jpg

Last edited:

Robert Viehweger

Daily Driver
Awesome! Thank you so much for doing this. It is more than clear as to what this is and is not, so I hope that our members using this service take advantage of it, and use it responsibly. You're awesome, Holy. Great write up :)

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
I added some more to it... I needed to cross my t's and dot my i's. We need to make sure we cover all bases here.

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
LOOKING AWESOME HOLY!

Robert Viehweger

Daily Driver
Understandable. It'd be nice to think that everyone in here will do the right thing every time, but alas, life rarely works out that way. Eagerness overcomes prudence sometimes. heh

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
The thing about me is I will only practice prudence when dealing with someone else's car. I can't afford to take any chances, not for myself and not on behalf of IGOTA and most of all for the customer. So I am prepared to cover all bases and provide the best possible and safest tunes in existence.

Last edited:

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
even if we're catless? I have my wide band installed in the rear 02 bung.

I agree with Fuji.

With out the rear o2 sensor the ecu richens it by 1 AFR in closed loop because the ecu thinks there is a cat inefficiency condition whether there is a cat there or not. Some believe that this is not an issue but we just don't know what other tables and parameters this also effects.

I prefer that everything be 100% before I attempt a tune.

Last edited:

Vermont

I agree with Fuji.

With out the rear o2 sensor the ecu richens it by 1 AFR in closed loop because the ecu thinks there is a cat inefficiency condition whether there is a cat there or not. Some believe that this is not an issue but we just don't know what other tables and parameters this also effects.

I prefer that everything be 100% before I attempt a tune.

Actually Td_d has found the tables for this adjustment and found how to fix it. Personally I am just going to toss in a my stock O2 and then toss the Wide band in behind the turbo.

Also Holy great post and I look forward to seeing how this works out. Let me know if you need any help with anything. There is not much I can do but who knows.

Last edited:

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
True true... but for those using Cobb AP, those tables are only available in speed density tuning only at this time so those using the AP and MAF are SOL and should have the sensor installed. Plus I don't have the ports and definitions for every STi so access to those tables on a mainstream basis in RR is unrealistic for me. I wish I did then I wouldn't be making that requirement :tup:

I appreciate your offer and you most certainly may help out if you are volunteering. You know the closed loop stuff so I could probably use your help with that at some point if things start getting hectic.

Actually Td_d has found the tables for this adjustment and found how to fix it. Personally I am just going to toss in a my stock O2 and then toss the Wide band in behind the turbo.

Also Holy great post and I look forward to seeing how this works out. Let me know if you need any help with anything. There is not much I can do but who knows.

Td_d

Commander In Chief

Well, yes and no. I've found the same tables as available in the COBB SD implementation - however, and this has been tested out on the thread I posted these finding first - the complete removal of the rear O2 sensor still seems to trigger some kind of rear cat inefficiency limp mode that causes some of the rich AFR (does help it significantly). I'm surprised that on the COBB guide it states that it completely removes this issues, given that the real world evidence seems to show otherwise.

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
The system is now open and I will be taking requests on a trial basis at first. Please re read the original post for deatials.

Status
Not open for further replies.