Help! I got my first error code from my car (P0304)

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Woah, woah, woah! Bluetooth for fog lights?!?! When the hell did that become a thing?! Can you take a video showing how it works?!!

Alright, then it seems like you're squared away for the next couple of months. You can still have fun driving normally! :tup: :lol:

Grinder34

Track Monkey
As said above, we really need Holy to chime in, he's the engine guru. Since you have an AP, i'd consider getting a tune. Not sure if Holy is still doing free e-tunes, but mine was fantastic, and held up well for multiple track days hitting the rev limiter many times!

So only tangentially related to everything above, do your own research before going into the store (Andrewtech has a good reputation though). Several others in the area: Agile Auto, TurboXS, Element Tuning, MachV. My review of MachV here: http://igotasti.com/vBforum/showthread.php?3692-VA-Mach-V And I'd bet the sales staff of most places echomy thoughts of those at MachV: "I think the maintenance and mechanical knowledge they have is excellent. But from my waits in the store front, I wouldnt recommend their sales people. They're uninformed in many cases, and sometimes try to sell you unnecessary things. Basically their sales team seems to be somewhat above a typical NASIOCer."

It really highlights that you need to do your research before you plunge--it can save you lots of money and hassle. So i encourage you to search around on the forum and ask questions. And people on here are pretty willing to say when they dont know something, unlike other forums where they just make stuff up.

As for WOT on the street...meh. Do what you want, just dont floor it in higher gears at lower RPM. Racing on the street is no bueno though. Have you ever been to an autocross or a HPDE day? It'll change your life!

As for trading in the car: that seems a bit extreme! But like I've said at least twice above, learn about what you'd want in a built motor. What the costs are, what drawbacks come with it, etc...

Eagleye

Tinkerer
Woah, woah, woah! Bluetooth for fog lights?!?! When the hell did that become a thing?! Can you take a video showing how it works?!!

Alright, then it seems like you're squared away for the next couple of months. You can still have fun driving normally! :tup: :lol:

I'm also intrigued by what you are referring to with bluetooth for your fog lights. Do they also play music while you are at car shows? :lol:

sniperkill

I'm also intrigued by what you are referring to with bluetooth for your fog lights. Do they also play music while you are at car shows? :lol:

Your too funny, lol.. I don?t know whether or not your pulling my leg about my fog lights or not, lmfao.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Eagleye

Tinkerer
Your too funny, lol.. I don?t know whether or not your pulling my leg about my fog lights or not, lmfao.

Haha. Yeah it's one of this comments where I was kidding at the time but then walked through Lowe's where they are selling bluetooth smart bulbs with built in speakers for the lighting in your house...

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

sniperkill

As said above, we really need Holy to chime in, he's the engine guru. Since you have an AP, i'd consider getting a tune. Not sure if Holy is still doing free e-tunes, but mine was fantastic, and held up well for multiple track days hitting the rev limiter many times!

So only tangentially related to everything above, do your own research before going into the store (Andrewtech has a good reputation though). Several others in the area: Agile Auto, TurboXS, Element Tuning, MachV. My review of MachV here: http://igotasti.com/vBforum/showthread.php?3692-VA-Mach-V And I'd bet the sales staff of most places echomy thoughts of those at MachV: "I think the maintenance and mechanical knowledge they have is excellent. But from my waits in the store front, I wouldnt recommend their sales people. They're uninformed in many cases, and sometimes try to sell you unnecessary things. Basically their sales team seems to be somewhat above a typical NASIOCer."

It really highlights that you need to do your research before you plunge--it can save you lots of money and hassle. So i encourage you to search around on the forum and ask questions. And people on here are pretty willing to say when they dont know something, unlike other forums where they just make stuff up.

As for WOT on the street...meh. Do what you want, just dont floor it in higher gears at lower RPM. Racing on the street is no bueno though. Have you ever been to an autocross or a HPDE day? It'll change your life!

As for trading in the car: that seems a bit extreme! But like I've said at least twice above, learn about what you'd want in a built motor. What the costs are, what drawbacks come with it, etc...
AndrewTech has a good reputation? I?m feeling kinda split here cuz I had a very bad experience there at AndrewTech, and all I got there was my AP, a TurboXS turbo back exhaust with blue quad tips, a TurboXS downpipe, and in the end I got my Cobb SF Cold Air intake

(cuz when I went into AndrewTech to schedule my work to be done, I told them EXACTLY what I wanted and I specially said I wanted a Cobb SF CAI with the cold air box, and when I picked up my car from them after the work had been done, everything seemed great until I looked under my hood and I seen the cold air intake they installed on my car! It was just a aluminum pipe with my MAF screwed into the top of it, with a cone air filter on the end, and when I tried to drive my car it kept bucking and surging while I tried to accelerate throughout the gears. So I pulled over to look at the map they had on my AP and they had the correct map I told them to install but my car wasn?t running right for some reason. So they had the Stage 2+ 93 octane v334 boost select. That map is for the upgrade of the intake to a Cobb SF CAI. So Just for shits and giggles I loaded and flashed the map for Stage 2 93 v334 boost select. This map is for a car with a stock intake, a turbo back exhaust, and a down pipe with a high flo cat. First of all these guy?s recommended and installed a catless downpipe for my car. But anyways, my car ran great off of this map for a stock intake! But I didn?t have a stock intake, also I didn?t have a Cobb SF CAI on my car either. But the whole idea I had was to be able to run my Stage 2+ map. Not a Stage 2! So I took it back to the guys and showed them what I found. But before I took it back to them I re-installed the original map that they installed on my car when I picked it up. And I was armed with the knowledge of that the Stage 2 map from Cobb for the stock intake made my car run fine. So I took it back to them the same way I picked it up from them and one of the guys took it out for a test drive and when he came back he said my car was running great and that it just needed to learn the map they installed, so I said that?s great then so off I went. I drove off and my car ran fine, so I pulled over down the street to see what the guy did to make my car run good and I seen that he flashed the same map that I flashed before hand to get my car to run right, but the guy told me he didn?t change anything, that my car just had to learn the map! So right there he lied to me. Then I popped my hood and I pointed at the cold air intake they had put on my car and they said it was an upgrade to the Cobb SF CAI. I then said what about the Cobb ?cold air box? that I paid for? Where is it at? They said ?well, the cold air box really doesn?t do anything and you really don?t need it, and it adds extra weight?. So I went on my way thinking they knew best. But a few weeks later I learned that my car would run the way it did when I picked it up from AndrewTech if the wrong intake was on my car! So I went back to them armed with my receipt that said I was supposed to get a Cobb SF CAI. But they didn?t give me one originally when I had the work done. I found out later they had put just some old intake pipe they had laying around and they didn?t even order me a Cobb CAI. So when I went back to get exactly what I paid good money for they didn?t give me a hard time at all. They said they had a Cobb SF CAI in the back along with a Cobb cold air box. They brought it right out and handed it over to me so I could put it on cuz by then, I didn?t trust them anymore.

I even took it back to them after the first time I had went to them and before the last time I went to them, I had taken it to them to see why my car was surging back and forth whenever I accelerated and one of the guys went with mw to test drive my car and this guy is one of the guys who originally worked on my car. This guy tells me that my car suffers from the plagued Subaru?s acceleration stumble at between 2800 to 3200 rpm?s. He tells me that I had to drop my car off to them all day so they can install a 3? longer fuel line on my fuel pump and then they said they had to get my car tuned by their tuner. Well when I picked my car up that evening nothing seemed different. They said they had fixed my problem and that their tuner guy made a few adjustments to my map. So I then took it to a friend of mine who?s a mechanic and he looked at my car to see what they had done to my car to fix it, well, my friend tells me that AndrewTech did NOTHING to my car. And they didn?t even take it to their tuner. My friend tells me that the guys who I was letting work on my car were lying to me about my car. Shortly after this happened I figured out that the whole problem why my car was surging back and forth while accelerating was due to them guys at AndrewTech installing a cheapo? cold air intake, and the fact that this intake didn?t have an air flow straightener for the MAF sensor and that was causing my car to act funny. So that?s when I went back to them and I demanded them give me the Cobb SF CAI that I had paid for previously a few months ago. They gave me what they should have given me from the start and I went to install the Cobb CAI on my own cuz I didn?t trust them anymore! Once I installed this Cobb SF CAI on my car, I then flashed the Stage 2+ 93 octane v334 boost select, and I took it for a drive. Well, the bucking back and forth problem was gone, the car ran so much better! And, I was on the stage 2+ map that I wanted to be on the whole time! Now why the hell didn?t AndrewTech just put the Cobb SF Cold air Intake on my car to begin with? Then I wouldn?t have ever had the problems I had from them putting that cheapo? intake on my car. They were making NO SENSE to me!!!! I just had to go back to them today to get my downpipe turbo heat shield bracket that they had left off my car when they installed my downpipe. And in the beginning I told them I wanted ALL of the parts that they were taking off of my car, and they STILL didn?t!! It?s almost like these guy?s are imposters imitation to be these ?AndrewTech? guy?s???

Last edited by a moderator:

sniperkill

I was told just today by a mechanic friend of mine that I need to get rid of this CobbOTA map and get a protuner tune my car. He said that would make my car run so much better. But the only problem is, is that I can?t afford it right now. I got 5 little kids to feed. I have to really save up money for a good while for the little things I want. So I?ll have to probably save my extra money for about 2 or 3 years until I save up enuf money to get my protune. So for now I guess I?ll just have to wait and save my money. A protune isn?t anywhere in my near future, unfortunately....

Eagleye

Tinkerer
Might be worth reaching out to [MENTION=9]HolyCrapItsFast[/MENTION] I am not sure how much he is still tuning. If he is, I would think he could have your car running better for a fraction of the price of a protune.

Grinder34

Track Monkey
Man, I'd go back to AndrewTech and ask to talk to the owner and explain everything. Ask for your money back and your car to be put back in its original condition. Thats a terrible experience!

Eagleye

Tinkerer
Man, I'd go back to AndrewTech and ask to talk to the owner and explain everything. Ask for your money back and your car to be put back in its original condition. Thats a terrible experience!

Agreed. Document everything and ask to speak with the owner. If that goes no where I would file a complaint with the BBB and talk with your credit card company (if you paid with a card). Good luck.

Batmobile_Engage

Squirrel Meat Aficionado.
Staff member
THAT happened at AndrewTech?! :doh: holy shit...

A proper protune is always superior to any Off The Shelf tune. Always.

5 kids?! Awesome! We all have to turn around these declining birth rates in our country! Good on you! :tup:

Last edited:

sniperkill

Also, another quick question. I attached a pic of my oil dip stick and I was wondering where the full line is. There is (what I think to be) 2 full marks on my dip stick, and I?m positive someone on this forum will know the answer to my next question even before I ask it. So which one guy?s? The hole just above the ?F?? Or the notch just above the hole just above the ?F??
2267c918c2ce5aed6ab1f8823ef6b461.jpg

sniperkill

I would take it back if I could. It?s been too long I think. But yes, this was the CRAZIEST place I ever took my car to by far! And the thing that blew my mind the most, was that cheap ass cold air intake they tried to pawn off on me was just insulting! In addition to that, it?s also the fact that it seemed like they were trying to rip me off! Like either they forgot to order my Cobb SF CAI, or they straight up just didn?t give a crap! And so they didn?t look bad for whatever reason they had for not putting my Cobb SF CAI on my car, they put this cheap ol? aluminum piece of pipe with a cone air filter on the end of it! It was like a slap in my face! think I have a pic of it, lemme look and if I do, I?ll post a pic of the POS intake they put on my car.

And all I did to deserve this treatment was walk into their showroom one day, I whipped out about $3000 in cash out of my back pocket, and I said I want a Turbo back TurboXS exhaust, with a Cobb SF CAI w/ cold air box, and a Accessport tuner V3. And I insisted on paying for everything in full at that point cuz I was afraid that if I kept the money in my pocket, I was afraid that I would spend it, lol... but I do have a receipt. I got that work done about 6 to 8 months ago. Thinking back on it I should have only paid the $200 deposit and paid the rest upon completion, and my being happy with everything. But I thought I could trust them cuz I did do research on them before I took my car to them. And I seen many good reviews and read a couple articles about them in the local paper. So naturally I thought I could trust these guy?s, you know?

sniperkill

Tell me about it bro!

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
It's extremely unfortunate that you had such a bad experience. Let me ask you this, though. Why did you want the shop to work on your car instead of you, yourself, doing research beforehand? You could've also saved a ton of money in the process, especially if you were to find good deals on used parts and cutting out labor completely.

Eagleye

Tinkerer
It's extremely unfortunate that you had such a bad experience. Let me ask you this, though. Why did you want the shop to work on your car instead of you, yourself, doing research beforehand? You could've also saved a ton of money in the process, especially if you were to find good deals on used parts and cutting out labor completely.

A lot of people pay others to work on their house or do their taxes. Some people don't have the time, the place to do it, or the means to make a mistake and have a car out of commission/ damaged while they continue working on it. I know a few people that fall into one of those reasons. I'll also note it can take some serious patience to source good used parts. You seem to love finding deals even 500 miles away Haha, but others like myself have the fatal flaw of wanting something quickly once we make up our mind...??

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
A lot of people pay others to work on their house or do their taxes. Some people don't have the time, the place to do it, or the means to make a mistake and have a car out of commission/ damaged while they continue working on it. I know a few people that fall into one of those reasons. I'll also note it can take some serious patience to source good used parts. You seem to love finding deals even 500 miles away Haha, but others like myself have the fatal flaw of wanting something quickly once we make up our mind...??

Well, I'm adamant about who touches my car, and may be more anal than others. Even though I'm not as experienced as some others, I still have learned a metric ton of information over the years and have learned from others' mistakes. I just want people to research before they pull the trigger on something. At the end of the day, you can only trust YOURSELF!!! I recently read a quote along the lines of: "It takes years to build trust and a split SECOND to lose it all."

I'd recommend that anyone take at least an hour, at the very minimum, to dedicate to research before coming to a conclusion. People out there have agendas and don't care about others. They WILL take advantage of you if they see an opportunity.

sniperkill

Yeah, that would?ve been nice but I really didn?t have the means to do any big jobs at the time, being all I have is a driveway, and limited tools. Also, imma stay at home dad and I stay home with my 5 children so I don?t have a lot of extra time.

If I had known that the guys working on my car were so ?green?, I would have done it myself. See, there were 2 guys sitting up front when I walked into their showroom, and there was one guy who I did most of my talking to and while I was there, I didn?t get any red flags alerting me that perhaps they didn?t know much. But who am I to judge, they might know a lot. But I can say this, I went there the other day to get my exhaust bracket back that they left off. I was talking to that same guy, and I was asking him about my overboosting problem, and I mentioned to him that Cobb has 2 OTS maps on their website, one for a low wastegate and one for a high wastegate. And the dude continues talking and he said that I should use the ?high? wastegate map for my overboosting problem. I said,? are you sure it?s the high wastegate map? He says,?yes?. So I said to the guy,? dude, your starting to scare me. Are you sure you know what the hell your talking about??. And I said,? all these problems I?ve been having, the last time I was here you told me you extended my fuel pump line and had your protuner make some adjustments to my map. And I know for a fact that you guys didn?t do anything to my car AND YOU HAD IT ALL DAY, and you didn?t even take it to your protuner!? The guy didn?t know what to say, he walked into the back, got me my bracket and I walked out. They know what they did, and now they know that I know what they did! Anyways, that?s enuf venting. Sorry guy?s.