Spamby's '08 STi

Spamby

Meat Product Toy
Wheels are on! Had a hectic day yesterday but managed to snap some pics. I'll get them on later today.
A quick note: the michelins are definitely night and day compared to their completion the DWS. Better in every aspect, thus far, but the ride is extremely stiff. More to come on that.
Wheels are aggressive fitment but with my current suspension setup, are very doable.

Here's a crappy tapatAlk pic until I get the pics off of the nikon.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1411913701.291080.jpg

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Need side angle as well!!

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Those wheels really set it off nicely.

Spamby

Meat Product Toy
Those wheels really set it off nicely.

Aesthetically, I think the GR's need wide wheels/low offsets, wide tires in order to look right with the big fenders. The stockers just have no business under there, in the looks department. The deep face and lip also really flow well with the GR's looks and you can never go wrong with a classic 5 star.

And I'm super happy that I didn't have to do this with a hellaflush, stretched tire. 245/35 and she's good. In fact, I am gonna dial some camber out of the rear and add a touch more up front. I couldn't do that before on my old setup.

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Anything rubbing at all?

Spamby

Meat Product Toy
Anything rubbing at all?

Rears where the rear panel and bumper meet, it's plastic there so I think I'm gonna have to shave it some. Only on hard dips.
Fronts rub on hard dips. I probably try a heat gun and massage it. But I'm thinking a little more camber up front may help this, probably another -.5 to -1.0.

Spamby

Meat Product Toy
So my radio decided to change stations on its own today, then the hill assist and abs lights came on?
She's got a poltergeist in her. Smh

Spamby

Meat Product Toy
so is that close to how my 18*9.5 +35?? just still trying to get idea. [MENTION=1507]Spamby[/MENTION]

Within 3 or 4 mm. Mine poke further than yours by that much.
My old setup was 18x9.5 with a 38mm offset so about 7mm less than current. Seems that little extra made a bigger impact. Nothing that can't be remedied!

Within 3 or 4 mm. Mine poke further than yours by that much.
My old setup was 18x9.5 with a 38mm offset so about 7mm less than current. Seems that little extra made a bigger impact. Nothing that can't be remedied!
AWESOME!! that really gives me a idea finally! thank. i talked to jordan at defined and the rims will be another month. they will be paid off and i will have the tires before they even get here.