04 WRX AVCS banjo fitting leak (oil line)

I have a 2.5l sti bottom end and 2.0 V7 AVCS heads. The oil line from the turbo to the motor primarily the AVCS on the head, the banjo connector was leaking. I noticed the copper washers (there are 2) were both on the top of the banjo bolt! One is supposed to be on top and one on the bottom. The guys at PAS (Performance Auto Solutions) who rebuilt, installed and tuned my new longblock setup didn't notice this, and I haven't noticed it for 2 years! It just started leaking the other day after that many heat cycles. So I bought a new banjo bolt. Aka Union Screw, for the oil line to connect to the AVCS head. Bought 4 copper washers for this because I wouldn't know it if would fix the issue, and they are one time use. And what do you know, it still leaks. Torqued the bolt to 24ft lbs, and the leak is substantially smaller, and won't leak under idle, it leaks under high boost now. And this is leaking right on my up pipe underneath the motor! So I am getting smoke everywhere.

What should I do? Double up on the washers? Or get a new oil line kit and replace the whole unit? (Which I really don't want to do)

I'm thinking the banjo bolt adapter on the oil line is crimped and now when torqued down, isn't enough for boost. Also the fact that when torqued the holes need to line up to allow flow of oil for the turbo. So tightening any more will stop the leak, but will also stop flow of oil to my turbo!

Anyone to chime in with advice would be greatly appreciated!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
I think you should prepare yourself with the possibility of having to replace the whole line. Usually if a mew copper washer does not seal the leak that means that the mating surface on the banjo fitting is deformed or damaged. You could try tightening it some more. I don't believe it will hinder the flow of oil any but you risk compressing and deforming the fitting even more.

Okay sounds good I'll give it another 1/8 turn and hopefully it doesn't block the passage in the blot to the fitting. If that doesn't work I'll need to buy a new kit. Their around the 75-85$ range

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
That's actually not bad. You might consider just replacing it for piece of mind.

Hopefully the mating surface on the head is OK. Did you check that?

Yea the surface is much thicker than the adapter fitting. It has to be the banjo fitting. I found a DRT components oil feed line/AVCS line on importimageracing.com, [MENTION=2334]Defined Performance[/MENTION] where are you! I need this!

Got my new IAG performance oil feed/AVCS line from [MENTION=2334]Defined Performance[/MENTION]! Thanks Jordan! I'll post pics when I can install at work!