The Batmobile_Engage Member Journal

Batmobile_Engage

Squirrel Meat Aficionado.
Staff member
If I can't see the leak from on top, I can't imagine I could see a a damn thing from underneath. If I had a frame lift though, I would totally try it. I'd hate to have to take it to a shop.
[MENTION=3416]WRB_STi[/MENTION]

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Use a fuel dye.

Ask us how to become a Lifetime Platinum Member today!

Batmobile_Engage

Staff member
I can see the fuel running, so it's gotta be coming out of a line/t-connector, from where the lines meet the passenger side fuel rail or from an injector seal maybe?

I'm afraid this is going to be a huge tear down project just to reach it.

I wish I had one of those tiny cameras mounted on a flexible telescoping rod.

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Strange......

Batmobile_Engage

Staff member
Btw, just had a truck roll up and stop in front of the house. The guys asked something like "jew tryna sell dis car mane? I wanna git one for my son."

Call me an asshole if you will, but I thought "I need to get these other projects out of the garage and start keeping the Batmobile INSIDE at ALL times from now on."

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Ahh lol.

I had the same issue, I have Perrin rails and upgrades lines, not sure the spec, I would move the line around and look at the connections, and a squirt of fuel came out, it only leaks that way, because the system under pressure doesn't leak, it's only when tampering with the line structure it heat cycles to.? Weird but worked. I tightened the T fittings and all is well. Do u have upgraded lines/rails etc?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Batmobile_Engage

Staff member
I had the same issue, I have Perrin rails and upgrades lines, not sure the spec, I would move the line around and look at the connections, and a squirt of fuel came out, it only leaks that way, because the system under pressure doesn't leak, it's only when tampering with the line structure it heat cycles to.? Weird but worked. I tightened the T fittings and all is well. Do u have upgraded lines/rails etc?

I do have Perrin fuel rails, some piece of shit (didn't know they were shit at the time of install) fuel lines and T-connections that came with this ATP turbo kit and DW850cc injectors.

The first problem is that I can't even see where the fuel is coming from. It's got to be right around the rail on the passenger side. I honestly have no idea how I'm going to fix this without removing a shit ton of engine bay components. FML

Any ideas?

Last edited:
Jesus, I didn't know either I haven't had any issues whatsoever. Mine are the Perrin V2 rail, not sure if they made any improvements. If it's coming from the fuel rail, it might be an injector ring of some sorts...it might honestly just be the in-line hose to feed fuel to the rail, 99% positive it's the clamp and your line is spitting fuel off that. Idk I need to see pics! I'll post a pic of what I mean tomorrow and I'll show you.

Batmobile_Engage

Staff member
Awesome, thanks for the advice. Now I just have to figure out how to reach that without removing a ton of shit.

Last edited:
Sorry it too me so long but are you smelling it under the hood, on which side of the motor? Passenger side or driver side? The passenger side rail is much easier to get to, that's where my leak was. I just needed to loosen one clamp to take my intake off the hard turbo inlet and viola! It was free to get a new clamp on the aftermarket fuel line hose to the Perrin V2 rail. I hope your smelling gas from the passenger side. The drivers side rail is flipped 180? degrees so the fuel line hose is routed to the back of it, which is practically underneath your intake manifold.

Batmobile_Engage

Staff member
I can't see the origin of the leak, but I can see gasoline running on the passenger rear corner of the engine. I'm on vacation right now, but when I get home, I will start taking stuff apart and see what I can find.

The information is very much appreciated, Stimula8.

[MENTION=662]Batmobile_Engage[/MENTION] No problem man

Batmobile_Engage

Staff member
Little help guys?
[MENTION=820]STIMULA8[/MENTION] [MENTION=1]IGOTASTi.COM[/MENTION] [MENTION=3416]WRB_STi[/MENTION]

Which of these fuel lines (black wrinkle anti-chafe sleeves) is supply and which is return? Where was your leak Stimula8?

This is the passenger side of course.

I want to avoid firing it up if possible, but might not have a choice if I can't see where it is leaking from. :unsure:

Batmobile_Engage

Staff member
Damn. Tapatalk crashes everytime I try to upload this photo :(

I believe top line is supply and bottom is return, that is how they are on my Perrin rails, I have V2 super rails though... I'm not sure if it is correct for your rail setup.

Batmobile_Engage

Staff member
My battery is totally dead from sitting for so long, so it's charging now. When I can get it fired up, I'll let it run for a bit and hopefully I'll be able to see where the leak is.

I sure hope it isn't an injector seal or something ridiculous.