Who here tunes there own vehicle?

TK-421

Just trying to get a gauge of who tunes their own cars, instead of going online and purchasing a remote tune from someone?

A couple places off the top of my head do the remote tuning, Clark Turner, AMR Performance, JRTuned, PDX Tuning, and myself at CBTuned just to name a few.

But how many of you have delved into the world of tweaking your car's tune for things like:

Intakes
Downpipes
EBCS
TGV Deletes

You know the smaller bolt on stuff, I don't expect too many folks to speak up and say that they have dialed in their injector duty cycles on DW1300cc injectors or remapped the entire turbo dynamics and boost targets tables for a Blouch 3.0, but if you have then kudos to you and mad respect from me.

If you have made the attempt to tweak your tune, speak up and say hi. I'd like to get to know some more folks on here that do the things I do for a living, maybe we can swap tuning methods and learn from each other.

Regards, TK-421

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Theres a few but the two that always come to mind instantly are [MENTION=9]HolyCrapItsFast[/MENTION] and [MENTION=171]Td_d[/MENTION]

TK-421

Theres a few but the two that always come to mind instantly are [MENTION=9]HolyCrapItsFast[/MENTION] and [MENTION=171]Td_d[/MENTION]

I figured [MENTION=9]HolyCrapItsFast[/MENTION] would be mentioned, from other posts he and I seem to be on each other's level, always offsetting each other and backing each other up, I like him, real cool dude.

And yes Alin, I like you too haha your one heck of a cool guy and hopefully you can learn to tune just as well as we can.

Haven't had the pleasure of conversing with [MENTION=171]Td_d[/MENTION], but if he's anything like Holy, we will mesh quite well.

Hope I can learn more from you all so I can make those minor adjustments, I'd like to make sure my new STi is running as smooth as possible :tup:

TK-421

Well if you have questions ask away, I'm a plethora of knowledge and I'd love to share it.

Thanks, will do. I'm sure once I pull some logs of my own next month, still waiting for my STi to arrive :)
Still debating whether or not to run the Stage 1 OTS off the lot to correct any potential knocking. Or log the stock and just see how bad it may be lols. I never really got an actual answer if this would be recommended or not during the break in period of the car that's freshly ordered.

TK-421

Run the stock tune till engine break in at 1000 miles and then I would run the stage 1 OTS. Give the engine time to break in and keep the revs below 4000 Rpms

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
[MENTION=171]Td_d[/MENTION] is way beyond me now. He spends many of his days over at RomRaider helping out with development and definition files. He did allot of work with Merp and NSFW on many of the recent advancements in open source. Real stand-up guy :tup:

I figured @HolyCrapItsFast would be mentioned, from other posts he and I seem to be on each other's level, always offsetting each other and backing each other up, I like him, real cool dude.

And yes Alin, I like you too haha your one heck of a cool guy and hopefully you can learn to tune just as well as we can.

Haven't had the pleasure of conversing with @Td_d, but if he's anything like Holy, we will mesh quite well.

TK-421

[MENTION=171]Td_d[/MENTION] is way beyond me now. He spends many of his days over at RomRaider helping out with development and definition files. He did allot of work with Merp and NSFW on many of the recent advancements in open source. Real stand-up guy :tup:

Ah so that's him, I have to thank him for some recent changes. Many a Evo customer has praised me for their open source tune. I mainly do most of my Subaru tunes via AP, but I do have the occasional OpenSourcer. Currently working on a OpenSource tune for a '14 WRX for a customer in Tennessee.

I'm wondering, am I the only one on here that tunes with Cobb? Is everyone else using open source? If so I guess that makes me the odd man out

Thats ok! I'll come to you with my AP lol But I guess it doesn't hurt to have both?
Just hoping to be able to snag it at a lower price than the price I was already given with the holidays around the corner.

TK-421

Thats ok! I'll come to you with my AP lol But I guess it doesn't hurt to have both?
Just hoping to be able to snag it at a lower price than the price I was already given with the holidays around the corner.

Get ahold of Josh at Import Image Racing he will give you a good deal come holiday rush.

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
[MENTION=4577]TK-421[/MENTION]
[MENTION=9]HolyCrapItsFast[/MENTION] does both tactrix and accessport! :tup:

I had an AP but i switched to open source. So much better!

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
What's the matter with Josh? Haha

Nothing to be honest. We just have a rule that we support the Vendors who keep us online. That's all. ;)

TK-421

[MENTION=4577]TK-421[/MENTION]
[MENTION=9]HolyCrapItsFast[/MENTION] does both tactrix and accessport! :tup:

I had an AP but i switched to open source. So much better!

Most of the cars I've been tuning lately are late model WRX and STi. I think it's also people who are overly worried about the ringland issue, it's my number one question when I do a tune, and they want to ability to flash it back to stock to either 1 get rid of it, or 2 have the warranty work done.

TK-421

Nothing to be honest. We just have a rule that we support the Vendors who keep us online. That's all. ;)

Kinda surprised that IIR isn't a vendor on here, I'll have to bitch out Josh for that. He's my number one go to guy, but then again he's only in Fort Myers and literally I can spit and hit him from where I'm at. And he does give me good deals, so looks like I'll have to call and yell at him for NOT being a vendor..... Damn you Josh damn you....

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
We get over looked a lot because of how we do business here.

TK-421

We get over looked a lot because of how we do business here.

Yeah that's about to change, with all the tagging I do on Instagram of our forum and all the detailed write ups, we will surpass both NASIOC and IWSTI for technical data and knowledge able people, since I'm spreading my experience and knowledge like a bad smelly fart, everyone is gonna get a whiff of it

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Well that is kind of you sir. :tup:

We only want to be the best at what we do no matter what the cost. We won't let companies lie to people and drama has no place here.