New member, hello from Seattle.

Ironweed

Good day everyone, I've owned my '09 STI for about 3 years now and have been in and out of the forums but just finally registered as a member.

I'm on Stage 2 with a Cobb Turbo-back, usual bushings, kartboy short-shifter. Looking to get a carbon fiber driveshaft this spring.

Cheers! :cheers:

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
[MENTION=5194]Ironweed[/MENTION] welcome, and the carbon driveshaft is on our list this spring also. ;)

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Welcome to IGOTASTI!!!

Pics of the ride!

What made you get the cf driveshaft over other mods?

Nice to see another local, welcome! Post pics of your ride! :tup:

Ironweed

Thank you all for the warm welcome!

I'm choosing a carbon fiber driveshaft as my next mod because I feel like the car could use more throttle response. I've also done the rear diff insert bushings which definitely helps but I need moar.

On that note, has anyone had experience doing a driveshaft install? Specifically the Driveshaft Shop one?

Ironweed

I dipped it myself. Went to Home Depot and bought all their black plasti-dip, some thinner, a bucket, mixing stick. Picked up a sprayer off Craigslist and put on about 6-8 coats. It's been on for about two years now, still holding up pretty well!

Ironweed

Heh, thanks! Indeed, it was my first time. I did do a test run on my hood first and peeled it off the next day.

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
We have 2 people here that did their driveshafts. I think it was [MENTION=1507]Spamby[/MENTION] and [MENTION=662]Batmobile_Engage[/MENTION]

Batmobile_Engage

Squirrel Meat Aficionado.
Staff member
I can't speak for the GR chassis, as I have an 04, but it was super easy. Sometimes you will have to remove a section of exhaust, but I did not.

Use this to get an idea. I know it says it's a 1999, but it was very similar.

http://youtu.be/eKXLr3Rg1Cg

Ironweed

[MENTION=662]Batmobile_Engage[/MENTION], glad to know it shouldn't be a huge pain and thanks for the link to video tips. I'm also reading that some people replaced their output shaft seal to plug up possible leaking transmission fluid after the install. Did you experience anything like this?

Batmobile_Engage

Squirrel Meat Aficionado.
Staff member
Nope. Everything went well. I haven't notice any leaking and I have 68k on the odometer.