Oil Temperature and Pressure Numbers: POST HERE

Batmobile_Engage

Squirrel Meat Aficionado.
Staff member
I haven't been driving the Batmobile as often these days, about twice per week, as I'm trying to keep the miles down as much as I can. Either way, maybe my oil temps aren't quite as high as I thought "during normal driving".
There was a lot of traffic this morning so I wasn't able to drive like I normally do :peelout: and the oil temps were lower.
I was reading mostly 195*F and touched 205*F on one occasion. It's interesting to see different things happen, like the temp rising while I'm engine braking and so forth.

The needle on my boost gauge spends a lot of time on the positive side of zero, so that probably explains why my initial numbers were higher than most of you guys. :lol:

Batmobile_Engage

Squirrel Meat Aficionado.
Staff member
What oil temps do you guys consider to be too high? If for example, I was running the car hard at the track and keeping an eye on the oil temps, at what point would you guys start cool down laps or stop in the pits and idle until the temps are back to normal.
[MENTION=652]Grinder34[/MENTION] [MENTION=9]HolyCrapItsFast[/MENTION]
@ anyone else who tracks their car. :lol:

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
[MENTION=1868]Boogieman98[/MENTION] doesnt he track?

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
You didnt answer the question! At what oil temp do you stop running hard? [MENTION=1868]Boogieman98[/MENTION]

I am going to do a track day on the 15th of next month ( got to love Texas weather) and I will let you know what my temps are then. I don't think 20 minutes lets the car get to hot

Sorry for the delay in getting back with you but been real busy. During my track day my oil temp on my Prosport gauge did not pass 240. It was 40 degrees out so I think on a warm day it could go as high as 260, but that is only a guess. I found this from an Amsoil guy on Youtube. If you are running Amsoil by what he says we are both way within the working temperature range of the oil. I still change mine after every track day but after watching that video I would venture to guess that I could really wait until my normal oil change interval but I am not going to risk that. Motors are expensive and oil is cheap in comparison.