Need help TGV sensor

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Ok, wait for one of the other guys to chime in cause I'm not as experienced. [MENTION=1507]Spamby[/MENTION] [MENTION=1]IGOTASTi.COM[/MENTION] [MENTION=662]Batmobile_Engage[/MENTION] [MENTION=652]Grinder34[/MENTION]

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
Yeah That's not very good. :( At this point I would strongly suggest having a local speed shop have a look at the car. With a car that age, the oil could be from a number of things but the more likely scenario would be a blown turbo.

You would be doing yourself a great disservice if you did not have a compression test done. This will rule out engine damage, but either way you have something wrong and it is not going to be a cheap fix IMO.

Do have it looked at and please drive normal and stay out of boost. :tup:

izeahhh40

[MENTION=9]HolyCrapItsFast[/MENTION] oh ok if it is the turbo and i instal a new stock turbo would i need to tune it??

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Anything that gets modified to the engine needs a retune.

Please let us know what your compression is on monday.

izeahhh40

Thank you guys for all your help i really appreciate it i know that i stead of trying to help someone out online you guys can be doing better things. Thanks for your time and your help!

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
You can always support us with a membership. Plus goodies are included with our memberships.

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
@HolyCrapItsFast oh ok if it is the turbo and i instal a new stock turbo would i need to tune it??

If replaceing the stock turbo with a stock turbo, you don't need to tune. But since you pruchased this car from someone else, you really don't know what is on it, so I would recommend a tune regardless

izeahhh40

[MENTION=9]HolyCrapItsFast[/MENTION] i called the person that sold it to the person that sold it to me and he said that he put everything into the engine and that he sold it perfectly to the person i bought it from. He also told me that he never tuned it.

izeahhh40

What i did notice on the car when i took off the intercooler, i noticed that the y pipe that connects the turbo to the intercooler was all covered with oil and im thinking that the intercooler was leaking the oil out throught the bottom. Is that possible? I also notice that there is also oil and coolant on the bottom where the turbo and intercooler is? Would that mean that the turbo is blown and leaking both oil and coolant? That is probably why my car was losing power then gaining it.