OT: Count To A Million Game!

War_Panda04

STill Plays With Toys!
4530 im about to do the same thing.. i hate social media for this exact reason.. the only reason i have it is for funny videos and car events

War_Panda04

STill Plays With Toys!
4532 if more ppl in my area were on here and shared all events and meets i would delete facebook all together

TK-421

4533 I don't talk to anyone in my current area, so I keep social media to stay in contact with all my friends who live out of state and far away. When I'm here I generally keep to myself and don't do squat, a boring person when you live in a place where your "infamous"

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
4534 take it to the grind my gear thread you scrubs! :lol:

War_Panda04

STill Plays With Toys!

2dc01b531348d904fa52c27536724868.jpg

TK-421

My grandma has one of those things! I rode that thing up the stairs when I was in Kentucky, thing is slower than fucking Christmas

Batmobile_Engage

Squirrel Meat Aficionado.
Staff member
4538 - I hope everyone is safe and their homes and vehicles are intact after last night's tornado outbreak throughout the country. A few towns here and there saw extensive damage, injuries and fatalities. Many other places (mine included) saw heavy rain, severe thunderstorms, high wind gusts and flying debris. Luckily for me, it passed through the area fairly quickly without producing a funnel cloud (though some were spotted in my region).

http://www.cnn.com/2015/04/09/us/severe-weather/index.html

TK-421

4539 I know over here in PA we had some tornado warnings last night in a couple of counties such as Greene and Butler as well as Fayette and my county of Westmoreland. Had a couple of trees come down as well so looks like tomorrow I've gotta fire up the ol STIHL MS290 Farm Boss and let her do some talking. Tornado season is upon us. That's for damn sure

Batmobile_Engage

Staff member
4540 - It was eery, that's for sure. We had light rain and 40-60 mph gusts, followed by rain so heavy that I had a hard time seeing the neighbor's houses. As that heavy rain came upon us, lightning strikes got reallllllllly close (virtually no delay between flash and thunder) and the wind speed dropped to almost nothing, which gets kind of freaky when the tornado sirens go off at the same time.

TK-421

4541 Not sure if you remember your days here in PA but since things are pretty antiquated here meaning the Fire Depts are all Volunteer and have those Sirens, I don't think we have any severe weather alerting systems. I think all the hose jockeys would get offended if that happened to come around.

About two maybe three years ago we had that EF-2 roll through Hempfield Township where I'm at, I remember seeing that funnel cloud from my front porch and hopping in my 93 Nissan Hardbody I had at the time and chasing that thing all the way to Latrobe. Just debris and destruction everywhere. Luckily it didn't touch down or cause any damage till it was about 3 to 5 mins down the road from my house. I'm used to seeing them in the south and when I visit relatives in Kentucky, but what makes them scary as all hell here in PA is the hills. Biggest misconception people have is that tornadoes won't form in hilly areas..... Yeah that proved them wrong when we had that F-2. When I'm in Florida and Kentucky it's so flat you can see them coming.

But last night there were some times where we lost power, luckily we didn't see any power flashes, only flashes we saw were lightning. I think though what you got last night is going to roll through this area today.

Last edited:

Batmobile_Engage

Staff member
4542 - Oh yeah, I remember. I grew up in a very small town, volunteer fire department, one cop...lol Anyway, I remember seeing a funnel cloud when I was in high school. I ran to get a camera but it's so hilly in the area that it quickly ran into the side of a hill. Lots of tree tops got twisted off and debris was sucked up in the air in mass before it quickly dispersed.

I don't know if you are familiar with the Kinzua Viaduct (train bridge) in Mt. Jewett. At one point in history, it was record breaking for height and length. In 2003, it was hit by an EF-3 which destroyed most of it (certain sources, like wikipedia says EF-1 but park officials often say EF-3). It's a damn shame...I rode an old steam engine train across it when I was a little kid. It's still cool to visit, as they've since repaired a small section and built an observation deck. Besides seeing this massive bridge laying in the bottom of the valley, all twisted and destroyed, the sheer number of trees it flattened and how it stripped the bark off of many that are still standing is amazing.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kinzua_Bridge

dcnr_004018.jpg

KinzuaBrPanorama.jpg

Kinzua_viaduct.jpg

TK-421

Man that's a cool sight to see. Pretty awesome for sure. And nature is one hell of a force to be reckoned with. Scary how one minute things can be calm and the next it's chaos.

Batmobile_Engage

Staff member
4544 - If you're ever in the NW corner of the state, let me know and I'll draw you up a quick list of cool things to go see. The Kinzua dam for example, holds back 29 miles of water, most of which is 100' deep or more.

USACE_Kinzua_Dam_downriver.jpg

ANF-JakesRocksPano.jpg

813d1457cf656a4a557d7c12469f64bd.jpg

^^^ Rimrock Overlook

SplitRockMed.jpg

^^^ Rimrock Overlook

War_Panda04

STill Plays With Toys!
4545 goodmorning guys.. stay safe with those tornado warnings luckily i dont have to deal with that in NY. at least in my area. hurricanes are a different story though

TK-421

Holy crap I never knew any of that existed, guess it's always because I've been suburban and inner city stuff. Amazing what you can see when you actually get out there

TK-421

Haha [MENTION=5193]War_Panda04[/MENTION] if you want to see REAL hurricane damage, let's go to Miami during hurricane season. You can usually get hurricanes, water spouts and tornadoes all with your daily dose of Water Moccasins and Alligators.

Batmobile_Engage

Staff member

Holy crap I never knew any of that existed, guess it's always because I've been suburban and inner city stuff. Amazing what you can see when you actually get out there

4548 - Great hunting and fishing out that way too. Growing up there, I couldn't help but laugh when the southerners I worked with in the Navy suggested that all "those Yankees dunt know nuthin 'bout huntin and fishin. They all live in them big cities everywhere up north." When in reality, Bubba Joe talking all this shit is from downtown Dallas. :lmao: